Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is going to mess up this Gen

RJTM1991 said:
twintail said:

scenarios that can't even back up with reasons why? It's about as baseless as me saying that the only reason MS has been buying up so many studios is because they're about to have a 3rd party exodus from their platform

Never has a username been more apt.

I see there are still some posters moaning about censorship. It had little effect on games when it was announced and it has almost zero effect on them now.  

Or they just have a timeline planned and are actually in the process of following it through. There is still so much time left until the end of the year that it's incredibly bizarre that ppl think we should have them giving all the info right now. 

wouldn't surprise me

It's still an issue. Nothing quite like Western views being injected into Japanese culture, eh?

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/85087-list-of-censored-games-ps4-vita/

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/sony-ps4-censorship-policy-censored-games/

It did a number on independent studios as well.

I am a Playstation guy, always have been, but sometimes they need a slap.

That's some really poor sourcing, but others have already explained. That PSNprofiles forum is merely listing games that have received censorship irrespective of whatever Sony's policies are, which already makes it a useless source for your position. Your OAG source, despite being just an all-round rubbish site, contains games that weren't even censored by Sony (such as FF8 which the same site claims was by SE themselves) and Terminator, which had censorship mandated by MS too.

PS guy or not, this is a poor post.

Ljink96 said:
twintail said:

Or they just have a timeline planned and are actually in the process of following it through. There is still so much time left until the end of the year that it's incredibly bizarre that ppl think we should have them giving all the info right now. 

I never said they should divulge all the information...they've given out a decent amount of information already. I should have specified, the wait and see approach for pricing. I'm a huge Nintendo fan, I'm not pissed that they haven't shown a direct. The information will be given out when ready, but in terms of back door hearings of Sony waiting to see what MS does in terms of pricing, and that behavior is in Sony's blood at this point starting with PS1, that tidbit is confusing.

Edit: Nevermind, answered my own question. I guess Sony doesn't want to PS3 themselves and hemorrhage billions this time around and get bold with their pricing. Makes sense. 

The wait and see for pricing? We are in February. No one is giving out their pricing this far in advance. E3 is pretty much the soonest we will get pricing for either the XSX or PS5.

and what backdoor hearings of Sony waiting for MS to price first? Sony is going to price based on how they will be able to make money most efficiently.



Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Lafiel said:

it doesn't really feel like the start of a new gen without it

Nintendo is doomed is missing though. No Switchapocalypse, no more games for Switch, Switch can't handle next gen games. Nintendo is safely sitting on the side line enjoying the slowing sales from MS and Sony with likely a slow start for next gen.

ps5 has no games, might as well start now. So far it's still 100% truth :)

Lies I tell Ya Nuthin but lies,  i'm playing PS5 games now on the PS4 and the switch is doomed, you may ask why it's obvious it doesn't play PS5 games like the PS4.



twintail said:
RJTM1991 said:

It's still an issue. Nothing quite like Western views being injected into Japanese culture, eh?

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/85087-list-of-censored-games-ps4-vita/

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/sony-ps4-censorship-policy-censored-games/

It did a number on independent studios as well.

I am a Playstation guy, always have been, but sometimes they need a slap.

That's some really poor sourcing, but others have already explained. That PSNprofiles forum is merely listing games that have received censorship irrespective of whatever Sony's policies are, which already makes it a useless source for your position. Your OAG source, despite being just an all-round rubbish site, contains games that weren't even censored by Sony (such as FF8 which the same site claims was by SE themselves) and Terminator, which had censorship mandated by MS too.

PS guy or not, this is a poor post.

Ljink96 said:

I never said they should divulge all the information...they've given out a decent amount of information already. I should have specified, the wait and see approach for pricing. I'm a huge Nintendo fan, I'm not pissed that they haven't shown a direct. The information will be given out when ready, but in terms of back door hearings of Sony waiting to see what MS does in terms of pricing, and that behavior is in Sony's blood at this point starting with PS1, that tidbit is confusing.

Edit: Nevermind, answered my own question. I guess Sony doesn't want to PS3 themselves and hemorrhage billions this time around and get bold with their pricing. Makes sense. 

The wait and see for pricing? We are in February. No one is giving out their pricing this far in advance. E3 is pretty much the soonest we will get pricing for either the XSX or PS5.

and what backdoor hearings of Sony waiting for MS to price first? Sony is going to price based on how they will be able to make money most efficiently.

That was well said. "merely listing games that have received censorship irrespective of whatever Sony's policies are" is what I was looking to say but I couldn't find the right words for it. Props for even going to OAG I didn't even wanna waste time for looking at it because I already found the source questionable.



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

Well if the ps5 looks anything like that picture then they have no chance at all, they couldn't have cooling to properly cool the console down, so people would complain of their consoles sounding like jet planes, also design wise that looks like a kids toy and not something you would put on your media centre.

But I know for a fact 100% that the design is nothing like that, so I don't need to worry.

Apart from that Sony doesn't need anything else to succeed, they can put the console with weaker specs and being more expensive than xbox, they could even launch without any good games for 3 months, and it still would outsell the xbox. The same way Apple doesn't need to do much to sell, they could just change the colour and that would still sell.

Sony already won the generation without even starting for 1 simple fact - It will run all ps4 games, that fact alone is enough of a guarantee of their success, specially when the great Death stranding, ghosts of tsushima and last of us 2 are around.

I personally might start with xbox this time, but I am not the general public, I am a very informed gamer, 99% of people do not inform themselves about this stuff. I am in Europe (Portugal and UK) and I know of no one who is planning to buy the xbox, and everyone I know (around 20 gamers) are planning already for the ps5 without even knowing anything about it.

People stopped caring for the xbox in Europe a long time ago, most people who still buy them its because they already have a ps4.

The only reason Microsoft is all out with xbox series X is the same reason they sold the 360 much  earlier than ps3, because they are desperate. Sony knows they don't need to worry.

One thing that will hurt the xbox a lot, the name, Xbox one, Xbox one s, one X, series X, and now theres going to be 2 models at launch, people will just get confused and buy the cheaper one X lol same mistake Nintendo did with WiiU. People need to know they are buying the next best thing, sony is doing that really well, ps5 clearly means is the next after ps4 which was next after ps3 and so on.

Bear in mind the general public don't read gaming news, and they will consider xbox series X just another model of xbox X, while the ps5 will be the true next gen console.

Last edited by victor83fernandes - on 25 February 2020

dharh said:
Coronavirus could very well kill the next gens launch. More than any of this fan stuff.

More people die every month from the common Flu, it didn't affect console sales or launches so far. Stop reading the news, its all made to sell, just like Italy I have friends there and they told me the news is overly exaggerated, people who actually died there a couple were not even from the virus, but they had already cancer. If that is a lie, then I assume most of these news to be blown out of proportion. 



Around the Network
taus90 said:

JRPGfan said:

4) Sony is keeping quiet, because they want to announce the PS5 at a lower price point than Xbox Series X.

Sony has PS4 selling well enough, and still wants to keep selling games on it, so announceing early doesnt make too much sense.
Rather, keeping quiet for aslong as possible, is a way to ensure extra profits. Ontop of this, they want to make 100% sure, that if their unit is "weaker" than the series X, that its atleast sold cheaper.  Until Xbox comes out offically with a price point, Sony wont mention anything.

If PS5 is actually weaker, rather than go into a "spec numbers" war with Xbox series X on social media, they ll just show a sleugh of fantastic looking games & exclusives, and announce a cheaper price point.

ok valid points.. but sony has already announced PS5 if they really didn't want to hurt PS4 sales.. then they wouldnt have bothered wired article and keeping everything tight..

By now everything is locked.. apart from the price, coz its at E3 when MS is going to announce the price.. and I m surely certain that sony is not going to hang around till then to properly reveal the console and let ms have all the mind share till e3. Nobody is asking to reveal the price but assuming that sony will wait for ms to reveal the price first is just ridiculous 

I would guess that SNY 'purposely marched a small army over the hill to get MS to think they very well may have the upper hand, and to advance most of the troops asap to finish the battle quickly. Truth is SNY has a much larger army waiting patiently behind the hill still.'

SNY would've done this to get MS to show their hand early. By starting up the hype train so soon yet so softly, it's hard to believe that MS didn't expect another Feb timed PS console reveal, which meant they had to get info out asap. XB1X ended up a year behind Pro, which didn't really work out well for it, and MS may think it was more so the timing than the specs that were the problem. MS has however realized that SNY is tactically positioned, so at this point in the battle, even though MS has moved past the small group of PS 'soldiers', they have little choice but to continue forward or retreat. With how many people there are constantly dying to hear about new info (the troops being all jacked up for a serious battle), MS has little choice but to continue forward and hope for the best. Retreat at this time would look super weak on their part. However SNY may be wondering, 'does MS have a smaller back up 'Lockhart' army hidden in the trees though, and if so, how do we cautiously proceed?' Is MS partially being aggressive because they do have backup troops awaiting orders to advance?

PS may want time for many reasons. PS4 sales is one. PS5 pricing is another, depending on whether Lockhart comes to market or not vs a single PS5 SKU. Hardware is possible. If PS is arranging for a Lockhart competitor in case it actually get's announced, or another type of device, it's best they wait to see what MS is bringing. If MS is 'crazy' enough to launch Lockhart, what else might they try and launch, especially with all this "play anywhere" talk?

Too many possibilities for things to backfire against SNY. Until SNY knows more they are going to want to hold their advantage as long as possible before making any moves that may end up costing them. With PS3 SNY was on unstable ground and so being aggressive wasn't a bad idea with PS4. MS is now in that same type of position. The difference will be whether SNY screwed up PS5 like MS did XB1, which after PS3 and XB1, I don't know how either could mess up all that much going forward. We'll see.



The Canadian National Anthem According To Justin Trudeau

 

Oh planet Earth! The home of native lands, 
True social law, in all of us demand.
With cattle farts, we view sea rise,
Our North sinking slowly.
From far and snide, oh planet Earth, 
Our healthcare is yours free!
Science save our land, harnessing the breeze,
Oh planet Earth, smoke weed and ferment yeast.
Oh planet Earth, ell gee bee queue and tee.

Just like Sony is losing this gen with Xbox being the more powerful console right?



victor83fernandes said:
dharh said:
Coronavirus could very well kill the next gens launch. More than any of this fan stuff.

More people die every month from the common Flu, it didn't affect console sales or launches so far. Stop reading the news, its all made to sell, just like Italy I have friends there and they told me the news is overly exaggerated, people who actually died there a couple were not even from the virus, but they had already cancer. If that is a lie, then I assume most of these news to be blown out of proportion. 

It's about fear. Not the actual numbers. Though it remains to be seen full impact on life this new virus will have. If china remains in essential lockdown for an extended period there is no way in hell that it won't effect PS5 and XBOX manufacturing.



A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of his first breath to the moment of his last.



victor83fernandes said:
dharh said:
Coronavirus could very well kill the next gens launch. More than any of this fan stuff.

More people die every month from the common Flu, it didn't affect console sales or launches so far. Stop reading the news, its all made to sell, just like Italy I have friends there and they told me the news is overly exaggerated, people who actually died there a couple were not even from the virus, but they had already cancer. If that is a lie, then I assume most of these news to be blown out of proportion. 

You think the WHO just made this statement to get attention?
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/who-coronavirus-pandemic-feb-24/

Here are the facts, you can make up your own news from that
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
To put it in perspective, SARS killed about 780 people out of 8100 cases, Corona is at 2,700 dead out over 80k cases (detected so far) spread out over several countries.
So far containment seems to be slowing it down, but chances are it will eventually effect the economy, if not already.



At this point, there's no evidence to support claims that they are, or are going to mess up. It may be that we'll look back on this period where MS was releasing info while Sony stayed quiet and say that it was a mistake on Sony's part. But, there's no way for us to know right now whether its good or bad (or neither). Likewise, we don't know enough about their plans going forward to say much of anything about whether they'll do a good or bad job. And, without any evidence of mistakes, and considering Sony's pretty solid track record since they straightened out the PS3 pricing issue, I'm not going to just assume they're over there making bad decisions just because they aren't doing the same sort of PR that MS is doing.