Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 build cost more than 450 USD , Sony probably having a hard time deciding the retail price

Tagged games:

What do you think

Sony should eat the cost ... 27 42.19%
 
I don't mind 499 USD PS5 ... 18 28.13%
 
499 USD is very cheap i will buy 3 5 7.81%
 
As long it comes with Kna... 10 15.63%
 
Shut up just give us the ... 4 6.25%
 
Total:64

Just like I had said before, the ps5 and xbox series X are expensive machines mostly due to change from HDD to SSD, the only way sony could sell it at build cost ist to make the cheaper model 500SSD instead of 1TB. Give people the option, me personally Ill buy the most expensive one, but most people would be ok with the 500SSD.

499 dollars is still a very acceptable price taking into account inflation. My phone cost 1000 dollars, so 500 is not much for a console that's going to give me 7-8 years of gaming.



Around the Network
victor83fernandes said:

Just like I had said before, the ps5 and xbox series X are expensive machines mostly due to change from HDD to SSD, the only way sony could sell it at build cost ist to make the cheaper model 500SSD instead of 1TB. Give people the option, me personally Ill buy the most expensive one, but most people would be ok with the 500SSD.

499 dollars is still a very acceptable price taking into account inflation. My phone cost 1000 dollars, so 500 is not much for a console that's going to give me 7-8 years of gaming.

Same here.



victor83fernandes said:

Just like I had said before, the ps5 and xbox series X are expensive machines mostly due to change from HDD to SSD, the only way sony could sell it at build cost ist to make the cheaper model 500SSD instead of 1TB. Give people the option, me personally Ill buy the most expensive one, but most people would be ok with the 500SSD.

499 dollars is still a very acceptable price taking into account inflation. My phone cost 1000 dollars, so 500 is not much for a console that's going to give me 7-8 years of gaming.

Yes even if they decided not to take a loss on the price and priced it at break even they would do ok, us longtime gamers will ensure that.

The hardware power to cost ratio has been put on a more even keel since the PS3 launch and while pricing may see an increase for early adopters

with the usual cost savings seen overtime and yearly BF/ holiday sales means most of the later adopters will most likely pay prices inline with todays  PS4.



So 450 USD is just build cost (hardware part cost) not include with packaging cost, shipping cost, and retail cost . 450 usd is just the start of the cost. PS4 was build with 380 USD BOM (hardware part cost) then total cost are around 399 USD. So the indeed PS4 was sold at lost. 



one other factor to consider is that sony is considerably worse off then they were back even in the ps3's days, right now around half of sony inc's total profits are from PS, it used to be way, WAY lower than that. they used to have spare cash lying around, now they don't (nintendo's war chest, while rediculously large for such a small company, is only slightly smaller than sony's a megacorperation)



Around the Network
Keiji said:
twintail said:

rumours have ranged from X being more powerful to PS5 being more powerful. We really don't know outside of a lot of speculation.

Maybe Sony is playing the waiting game, even if they end up price wise the same, they can easily just stop the price before launch. Sony have already met with retailers, so I am sure price was discussed there. 

I'm sorry I didn't get the last two line. English isn't my first language. "Just stop the price befaure launch". What does it mean ?

Drop the price, sorry. Was typing off my phone. 



Add a decent headset, bundle it with TLOU2 and make it $499 🤠



Sony better charge $400 if the console is 9TF or this is a robbery.



"Donald Trump is the greatest president that god has ever created" - Trumpstyle

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Trumpstyle said:
Sony better charge $400 if the console is 9TF or this is a robbery.

How? 9.2 Tflops in 2020 is more towards high-end while 1.8 Tflops in 2013 was mid-range, also ultra fast 1 TB SSD is much more expensive than 500 GB HDD or even 1TB HDD is, also factor in inflation in 7 years and Coronavirus.

Look what first party devs achieved with 1.8 Tflops. Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, TLOU 2, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Spiderman, 9.2 Tflops is plenty.

$499 even if it's 9.2 Tflops is more than fair price.

EDIT: Also how do you even expect it to cost $399 when it's already costing $450 to produce? Doesn't factor packaging, shipping, retail margin etc.

Last edited by Radek - on 15 February 2020

Radek said:
Trumpstyle said:
Sony better charge $400 if the console is 9TF or this is a robbery.

How? 9.2 Tflops in 2020 is more towards high-end while 1.8 Tflops in 2013 was mid-range, also ultra fast 1 TB SSD is much more expensive than 500 GB HDD or even 1TB HDD is, also factor in inflation in 7 years and Coronavirus.

Look what first party devs achieved with 1.8 Tflops. Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, TLOU 2, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Spiderman, 9.2 Tflops is plenty.

$499 even if it's 9.2 Tflops is more than fair price.

EDIT: Also how do you even expect it to cost $399 when it's already costing $450 to produce? Doesn't factor packaging, shipping, retail margin etc.

All this talk about Tflops... And no talk about how powerful the graphics processor is. ;)



--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--