Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Platinum Games will Open a Kickstarter on Monday for a Wonderful 101 Port to Switch and PS4 (COMFIRMED!)

ryuzaki57 said:
Leynos said:

Yes and to your second thing. No and not a chance.

So let me recap. Nintendo owns the code and the IP for TW101. TW101 will come to PS4.

Nintendo (maybe) owns the code for Bayonetta 2, Sega owns the IP. Bayonetta 2 project was started on PS3 and X360, there are PS and XB versions of Bayonetta 2 in PG's computers. Bayonetta shipped 1m on PS4/XB1, Bayonetta 2 shipped 600K on WiiU/Switch and you think there is 0% chance for Bayonetta 2 to come to PS4. Is that right?

We have zero updated sales figures for Bayonetta 2, as of April 2018  the Wii U release sold almost 300k and the Switch version was almost at 400k.* This was over the same period, 3 months. The Wii U version sold 300k from its initial October 2014 release to January 2015. 

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/04/the_switch_port_of_bayonetta_2_has_outsold_its_sister_version_on_wii_u

That was after 3 months of being on the market. The Switch port has now gone through two holidays. It is safe to assume that the Switch version has most likely sold over 800k by now. But again, we have no updated sales figures so it's just guessing; however, it proves you did not do your research when making those numbers up. Combined, it is more than safe to say it has sold over 1m copies between Wii U/Switch. 

We also do not have any sales figures anywhere that claims the Bayonetta port on PS4/XB1 shipped 1m. This website is not reliable when it comes to estimates, and it has been that way for years. 



[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
Paatar said:
ryuzaki57 said:

So let me recap. Nintendo owns the code and the IP for TW101. TW101 will come to PS4.

Nintendo (maybe) owns the code for Bayonetta 2, Sega owns the IP. Bayonetta 2 project was started on PS3 and X360, there are PS and XB versions of Bayonetta 2 in PG's computers. Bayonetta shipped 1m on PS4/XB1, Bayonetta 2 shipped 600K on WiiU/Switch and you think there is 0% chance for Bayonetta 2 to come to PS4. Is that right?

We have zero updated sales figures for Bayonetta 2, as of April 2018  the Wii U release sold almost 300k and the Switch version was almost at 400k.* This was over the same period, 3 months. The Wii U version sold 300k from its initial October 2014 release to January 2015. 

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/04/the_switch_port_of_bayonetta_2_has_outsold_its_sister_version_on_wii_u

That was after 3 months of being on the market. It has now gone through two holidays. It is safe to assume that the Switch version has most likely sold over 800k by now. But again, we have no updated sales figures so it's just guessing; however, it proves you did not do your research when making those numbers up. Combined, it is more than safe to say it has sold over 1m copies between Wii U/Switch. 

We also do not have any sales figures anywhere that claims the Bayonetta port on PS4/XB1 shipped 1m. This website is not reliable when it comes to estimates, and it has been that way for years. 

In the end, Bayo 2 is not coming to other platforms because Nintendo still has interest in the series, with the proof being that a second sequel is coming to NS. Simple as that. 

Nintendo might have done something out of the ordinary with TW101, but such a thing is not happening with Bayo 2. At least just yet. 



Darwinianevolution said:
A Kickstarters sounds... unnecessary. This shouldn't be that expensive of a port. I mean, maybe Nintendo has cold feet after SMT x FE's abysmal sales?

We have no idea what the sales figures for Tokyo Mirage Sessions are--it is also an entirely different game with a different budget. The Switch version is performing much better--on Wednesday the 26th I checked the Japanese eShop and it was the #1 best seller (I even took a picture to prove it), almost two weeks after release. Not only that, it has been tracking better on numerous chart reports. Physically, the game did slightly worse than the Wii U version on release week in Japan, but digital sales are much higher on Switch than they were on Wii U which more than makes up for that. 

If anything, the port of TMS being more successful should give them reassurance that The Wonderful 101 port would be beneficial and sell more than the original release. 



[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

If it was happening on PS4. Bayo 2 would be on that disc this month instead of VanQuish.



Bite my shiny metal Cockpit!

Paatar said:
Darwinianevolution said:
A Kickstarters sounds... unnecessary. This shouldn't be that expensive of a port. I mean, maybe Nintendo has cold feet after SMT x FE's abysmal sales?

We have no idea what the sales figures for Tokyo Mirage Sessions are--it is also an entirely different game with a different budget. The Switch version is performing much better--on Wednesday the 26th I checked the Japanese eShop and it was the #1 best seller (I even took a picture to prove it), almost two weeks after release. Not only that, it has been tracking better on numerous chart reports. Physically, the game did slightly worse than the Wii U version on release week in Japan, but digital sales are much higher on Switch than they were on Wii U which more than makes up for that. 

If anything, the port of TMS being more successful should give them reassurance that The Wonderful 101 port would be beneficial and sell more than the original release. 

TMS probably has no barring on the wonderful 101, remember TMS is a crossover between Fire Emblem and SMT which are two series set to have a bright future on Switch with the former already having a critically acclaim and 2 million copies sold entry on Switch already and the latter having a mainline game in development as an exclusive. 

Meaning while Wonder 101 is a new IP that was nowhere near as acclaimed as the Bayonetta games and in fact is one of Platinum's most divisive games.



Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
cycycychris said: 

I'm hyped about the revival of the Wonderful 101, what about you guys? Apparently Platinum and Nintendo are co-owners of the IP, Platinum likely bought Nintendo's half.

Could they buy Nintendo's half in Bayonetta 2? I would throw my whole bank account in a Bayonetta 2 Kickstarter for PS4.

Nintendo is still funding Bayonetta games for the Switch.  Not gonna happen.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Why wouldn't Nintendo buy the right for the games by make it as their IP and make it exclusive's for Switch???



HollyGamer said:
Why wouldn't Nintendo buy the right for the games by make it as their IP and make it exclusive's for Switch???

'Cause TW101 ain't worth that hassle. So they let it go. Well, that's according to this rumor that I find very doubtful. 



This is almost as dumb as to when Capcon needed funding for SFV, one of there biggest IPs they own. A Kickstarter for W101 makes zero sense.



I hope this rumor is true.