Forums - Nintendo Discussion - You can lie to medias, but lying to investors is illegal.

So, I must apologize, I have been keeping the idea that we still might have a Switch Pro coming this year, and that Nintendo was just trying to keep healthy the sales of the 2 current models, and also, to not screw up the launch of Animal Crossing in march...

I am not the only one to have thought that, so it seems that lying to investors can have very bad consequences, and here this would be a significant and strong lie to the investors, the sentence was clear...If it would have been instead something less accurate like :

"We are not planning to release a new hardware this year"

This would have still let a room for a Switch pro...Because it would not be a "new" hardware but just a variation of the existing...

So I am not unhappy with the eventuality of a much stronger new hybrid console in 2021 totally retro compatible, so people buying it would still have more than 3000 games available on day 1, 3rd party could port 9th gen games because the new "Super Switch" would have the power of a PS4, and Nintendo could still in the same time keep supporting the current Switch in releasing two versions of Splatoon 3, two versions of Mario Kart 9...



Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

LET'S FACE THIS FACT : The Switch is the last physical video game system of the history who has a chance to beat PS2's sales.

Around the Network

Will you also apologize for your closing paragraph?



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
Will you also apologize for your closing paragraph?

"closing paragraph" ? I don't get it.. :(



Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

LET'S FACE THIS FACT : The Switch is the last physical video game system of the history who has a chance to beat PS2's sales.

Amnesia said:
RolStoppable said:
Will you also apologize for your closing paragraph?

"closing paragraph" ? I don't get it.. :(

Last paragraph, final paragraph.

You posted an apology for your wrongful 2020 assumptions, then ended it by committing the same mistake for 2021.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

This "super switch" would have a handheld as powerful as the ps4? Or only when docked? An only when docked console would be very strange for the switch. The "portability" of it is the saving grace of it.

Plus you'd want them to split the base by selling a "regular" version of a game and a "pro" version of the game? Even though the main "benefit" of selling a "pro" model would be if people already have a "lite" model so they have power and portability. But then they'd need two versions of all games?

And you think arguing the semantics of "well it's the switch... but more powerful" is not new?

This is a very awkward thread..



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Around the Network

It is maybe not impossible in late 2021 to have a portable with a power similar to a base XBOX1/PS4.
I see no problem with that: The new switch could play every current switch games thanks to a total retro-compatibility.
At this point in late 2021, customer could buy a regular switch costing only 240€ maybe, the Lite at 150€, and these 2 consoles could still be supported until 2022/2023 because Nintendo could manage internally clean ports to keep releasing downgraded versions of their future IP on the 2 old Switch, and next to this a full version for the new console (350€ ?).

3rd party can release new games on 64/128Go cartridges for the new switch, and they have the possibility also to create downgraded games on the 2 old switch to take profit of a 80/90 millions install base.



Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

LET'S FACE THIS FACT : The Switch is the last physical video game system of the history who has a chance to beat PS2's sales.

Bandorr said:
This "super switch" would have a handheld as powerful as the ps4? Or only when docked? An only when docked console would be very strange for the switch. The "portability" of it is the saving grace of it.

In handled : 1080p

In docked : 1440p or even 4K



Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

LET'S FACE THIS FACT : The Switch is the last physical video game system of the history who has a chance to beat PS2's sales.

Amnesia said:

It is maybe not impossible in late 2021 to have a portable with a power similar to a base XBOX1/PS4.
I see no problem with that: The new switch could play every current switch games thanks to a total retro-compatibility.
At this point in late 2021, customer could buy a regular switch costing only 240€ maybe, the Lite at 150€, and these 2 consoles could still be supported until 2022/2023 because Nintendo could manage internally clean ports to keep releasing downgraded versions of their future IP on the 2 old Switch, and next to this a full version for the new console.

3rd party can release new games on 64/128Go cartridges for the new switch, and they have the possibility also to create downgraded games on the 2 old switch to take profit of a 80/90 millions install base.

Power similar to XB1 and PS4 is a laughably small increase that isn't going to accomplish anything positive. The biggest change such a device is going to bring is a significant reduction in battery life.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
Amnesia said:

It is maybe not impossible in late 2021 to have a portable with a power similar to a base XBOX1/PS4.
I see no problem with that: The new switch could play every current switch games thanks to a total retro-compatibility.
At this point in late 2021, customer could buy a regular switch costing only 240€ maybe, the Lite at 150€, and these 2 consoles could still be supported until 2022/2023 because Nintendo could manage internally clean ports to keep releasing downgraded versions of their future IP on the 2 old Switch, and next to this a full version for the new console.

3rd party can release new games on 64/128Go cartridges for the new switch, and they have the possibility also to create downgraded games on the 2 old switch to take profit of a 80/90 millions install base.

Power similar to XB1 and PS4 is a laughably small increase that isn't going to accomplish anything positive. The biggest change such a device is going to bring is a significant reduction in battery life.

Then something half way between the current Switch and the base XBOX1...Only that would already open a fair amount of potential.

I am just trying to imagine a scenario where they are successful and coherent. Don't blame me : 90% of the people here were absolutely sure that we were going to have a Switch Pro this year.



Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

LET'S FACE THIS FACT : The Switch is the last physical video game system of the history who has a chance to beat PS2's sales.

RolStoppable said:
Amnesia said:

It is maybe not impossible in late 2021 to have a portable with a power similar to a base XBOX1/PS4.
I see no problem with that: The new switch could play every current switch games thanks to a total retro-compatibility.
At this point in late 2021, customer could buy a regular switch costing only 240€ maybe, the Lite at 150€, and these 2 consoles could still be supported until 2022/2023 because Nintendo could manage internally clean ports to keep releasing downgraded versions of their future IP on the 2 old Switch, and next to this a full version for the new console.

3rd party can release new games on 64/128Go cartridges for the new switch, and they have the possibility also to create downgraded games on the 2 old switch to take profit of a 80/90 millions install base.

Power similar to XB1 and PS4 is a laughably small increase that isn't going to accomplish anything positive. The biggest change such a device is going to bring is a significant reduction in battery life.

Oh I see, so going from 540p (Witcher 3 docked Switch) to 1080p (4 times increase) on base PS4 is a laughably small increase, ok.

No it's not, it's a huge increase, as big as Xbox One S to Xbox One X. GTX 1650 would do the job.