Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: The Outer Worlds for Switch launches June 5

The Switch version of The Outer Worlds will launch on March 6 for $59.99, publisher Private Division and developers Obsidian Entertainment and Virtuos games announced.

The game will be available both via the Nintendo eShop and as a retail release, but the retail release will include a code to download the game rather than a game card.

Source

Update: Screenshots Added

Update 2: The game was delayed

Update 3: The Outer Worlds for Switch will launch on June 5. The game will be available both on a physical cartridge and as a digital download. A day one update is also planned, which could take “up to six gigabytes of space” and improves the overall experience by adding high-resolution textures, various gameplay optimizations, and more.

Last edited by Shikamo - on 31 March 2020

     


(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Hope they've done a good job. I played through it on the original XBO, and while it ran ok for the most part it was quite blurry.



LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

They should stop with this practice of offering the retail version with a digital code only, whatever the platform...



So the same is around 38 gigs on PS4/XB.
So I wonder how big the download will be for the switch.

What's the most amount of space the switch has without adding extra storage? Around 24 or so?



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

Great game! Has a few negatives from me but I would highly recommend it



Around the Network

Great news, that's really soon but SHAME about no game card WTF. Why can't everyone be as good as CDPR?



abronn627 said:
They should stop with this practice of offering the retail version with a digital code only, whatever the platform...

Yeah, this is bullshit.



Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Bandorr said:
So the same is around 38 gigs on PS4/XB.
So I wonder how big the download will be for the switch.

What's the most amount of space the switch has without adding extra storage? Around 24 or so?

Yeah, right around there. But, a 128 GB card is about 12 bucks. It's crazy to imagine memory being an issue at this point. I have a 512 GB and it was 60 dollars.



SwitchUP said:
Bandorr said:
So the same is around 38 gigs on PS4/XB.
So I wonder how big the download will be for the switch.

What's the most amount of space the switch has without adding extra storage? Around 24 or so?

Yeah, right around there. But, a 128 GB card is about 12 bucks. It's crazy to imagine memory being an issue at this point. I have a 512 GB and it was 60 dollars.

I don't get many of the larger switch games.  So I don't know the answer to my next question.

Does the switch packaging ever warn you about the size of the game? Are there any that say "this game is X gigs. It can not fit on the switch. You need a microsD card"?



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:

Does the switch packaging ever warn you about the size of the game? Are there any that say "this game is X gigs. It can not fit on the switch. You need a microsD card"?

I know NBA has a different label that specifies you need a micro sd, and it says how large the download is on the back of the case.

So as Outer Worlds doesn't say "Micro SD Card Required" it's possible it will fit onto an empty switch.

The download is probably 18gb-26gb, if it'd have fit on a 16gb I imagine they'd have done it.



LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m