Quantcast
(UPDATE: Already Debunked) Rumor: Did Street Fighter V for Switch just leaked by EB games?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (UPDATE: Already Debunked) Rumor: Did Street Fighter V for Switch just leaked by EB games?

Tagged games:

Mr Puggsly said:
DarthJarvis said:

 Why would people buy sf5 twice? You're really reaching here. Sf5 arcade is not included in the 3.9m. The base game sold objectively better. 

Well I can tell you why I bought SFV twice. The season passes are expensive and unlocking things is a huge grind. I bought SFV Arcade Edition for $20 with a couple season passes. Hence, rebuying the game with season passes is (was?) much cheaper than buying seasons passes.

SFV Arcade is included with the 3.9 million. Why? Because there is really only one version of SFV. The rereleases just come with season passes.

Hence, when I bought SFV Arcade, it was multiple downloads. The SFV game and season pass downloads. Think of it as a "Game of the Year" release. You simply get the game with season pass content.

To the contrary, each version of SFIV was a stand alone game and was counted separately.

I decided to just look at SFV in the PS Store. It looks like Arcade Edition was delisted. I think the prices of season passes were reduced and the Champion Edition purchase for $25 unlocks a bunch of content.

I hate how SFV handles microtransactions more than the multiple releases of SFIV. The only thing SFV does better is keeping all the MP in a single game.

When SFVI eventually happens they need to tell consumers SFV was just a bad experiment with microtransactions. SFV had been one of the worst examples of this practice.

So they separated SV4 arcade but they wrapped SF5 in with SF5 arcade? Riiight. Can you just admit you were incorrect? 



Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
curl-6 said:

As expected. The day Crapcom put out a Switch game that's not regurgitated old rope or low budget guff is the day Satan drives to work in a snow plough.

Well crapcom as been one of the best publishers for this generation of consoles.

What they do on PS4/Xbone offers nothing to me though, and their Switch support has been abysmal, for which there's no excuse when the system is outpacing the PS4 in sales and games like Witcher 3, Doom 2016 and Wolfenstein II/Youngblood prove current gen games are viable on it. 

Until they stop treating Nintendo gamers like shit for no good reason, they will remain Crapcom to me.

That said, I am more than willing to forgive them if they improve.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 26 January 2020

DarthJarvis said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well I can tell you why I bought SFV twice. The season passes are expensive and unlocking things is a huge grind. I bought SFV Arcade Edition for $20 with a couple season passes. Hence, rebuying the game with season passes is (was?) much cheaper than buying seasons passes.

SFV Arcade is included with the 3.9 million. Why? Because there is really only one version of SFV. The rereleases just come with season passes.

Hence, when I bought SFV Arcade, it was multiple downloads. The SFV game and season pass downloads. Think of it as a "Game of the Year" release. You simply get the game with season pass content.

To the contrary, each version of SFIV was a stand alone game and was counted separately.

I decided to just look at SFV in the PS Store. It looks like Arcade Edition was delisted. I think the prices of season passes were reduced and the Champion Edition purchase for $25 unlocks a bunch of content.

I hate how SFV handles microtransactions more than the multiple releases of SFIV. The only thing SFV does better is keeping all the MP in a single game.

When SFVI eventually happens they need to tell consumers SFV was just a bad experiment with microtransactions. SFV had been one of the worst examples of this practice.

So they separated SV4 arcade but they wrapped SF5 in with SF5 arcade? Riiight. Can you just admit you were incorrect? 

SF4 sold a lot more than SF5. That is a fact.



DarthJarvis said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well I can tell you why I bought SFV twice. The season passes are expensive and unlocking things is a huge grind. I bought SFV Arcade Edition for $20 with a couple season passes. Hence, rebuying the game with season passes is (was?) much cheaper than buying seasons passes.

SFV Arcade is included with the 3.9 million. Why? Because there is really only one version of SFV. The rereleases just come with season passes.

Hence, when I bought SFV Arcade, it was multiple downloads. The SFV game and season pass downloads. Think of it as a "Game of the Year" release. You simply get the game with season pass content.

To the contrary, each version of SFIV was a stand alone game and was counted separately.

I decided to just look at SFV in the PS Store. It looks like Arcade Edition was delisted. I think the prices of season passes were reduced and the Champion Edition purchase for $25 unlocks a bunch of content.

I hate how SFV handles microtransactions more than the multiple releases of SFIV. The only thing SFV does better is keeping all the MP in a single game.

When SFVI eventually happens they need to tell consumers SFV was just a bad experiment with microtransactions. SFV had been one of the worst examples of this practice.

So they separated SV4 arcade but they wrapped SF5 in with SF5 arcade? Riiight. Can you just admit you were incorrect? 

You seem confused. There is really only one version of SFV.

If you bought a physical SFV Arcade, the unlocks/seasons passes are not on the disc. Its a download code. Hence, SFV and SFV Arcade are the same game.

I'm very curious about SFV Champion Edition though. I suspect it will just be the SFV disc again and Champion Edition unlocks are a DLC code. But I would like to be wrong.

I wasnt incorrect.



Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
DarthJarvis said:

So they separated SV4 arcade but they wrapped SF5 in with SF5 arcade? Riiight. Can you just admit you were incorrect? 

You seem confused. There is really only one version of SFV.

If you bought a physical SFV Arcade, the unlocks/seasons passes are not on the disc. Its a download code. Hence, SFV and SFV Arcade are the same game.

I'm very curious about SFV Champion Edition though. I suspect it will just be the SFV disc again and Champion Edition unlocks are a DLC code. But I would like to be wrong.

I wasnt incorrect.

You are incorrect. SF5 arcade was launched 2 years ago. Just as sf4 arcade was launched after sf4. Capcom considers them 2 different skews



Around the Network
Nu-13 said:
DarthJarvis said:

So they separated SV4 arcade but they wrapped SF5 in with SF5 arcade? Riiight. Can you just admit you were incorrect? 

SF4 sold a lot more than SF5. That is a fact.

Yes, after 4 revision and 12 years of sales on multiple consoles  however, base game sf5 on pc and ps4 outsold base game sf4 in less years and the revisions are still coming thus the game is still selling. SF games are a slow burn. That's fact.



DarthJarvis said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You seem confused. There is really only one version of SFV.

If you bought a physical SFV Arcade, the unlocks/seasons passes are not on the disc. Its a download code. Hence, SFV and SFV Arcade are the same game.

I'm very curious about SFV Champion Edition though. I suspect it will just be the SFV disc again and Champion Edition unlocks are a DLC code. But I would like to be wrong.

I wasnt incorrect.

You are incorrect. SF5 arcade was launched 2 years ago. Just as sf4 arcade was launched after sf4. Capcom considers them 2 different skews

I read about the sales awhile back and every site I came across said that the versions must be counted as one because there are no SFVA numbers. For Capcoms sake I hope you are wrong because that means the game is selling tons of dirt cheap budget copies instead of the more expensive newer versions. 



LudicrousSpeed said:
DarthJarvis said:

You are incorrect. SF5 arcade was launched 2 years ago. Just as sf4 arcade was launched after sf4. Capcom considers them 2 different skews

I read about the sales awhile back and every site I came across said that the versions must be counted as one because there are no SFVA numbers. For Capcoms sake I hope you are wrong because that means the game is selling tons of dirt cheap budget copies instead of the more expensive newer versions. 

Huh? Capcom has every game that posted above 1m on that site. Ever SF4 iteration is listed separately. SF4 arcade barely was above 1m on multiple consoles. Why would you think people are buying budget games (and not ps store) instead of the logical explanation that SF5 arcade just hasn't crossed a million 



DarthJarvis said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You seem confused. There is really only one version of SFV.

If you bought a physical SFV Arcade, the unlocks/seasons passes are not on the disc. Its a download code. Hence, SFV and SFV Arcade are the same game.

I'm very curious about SFV Champion Edition though. I suspect it will just be the SFV disc again and Champion Edition unlocks are a DLC code. But I would like to be wrong.

I wasnt incorrect.

You are incorrect. SF5 arcade was launched 2 years ago. Just as sf4 arcade was launched after sf4. Capcom considers them 2 different skews

A GOTY edition of a game will have a different SKU as well. But that generally gets lumped in with the original version of a game.

I am not sure why this difficult for you to process. Each release of SFIV is a standalone product, their muliplayer isn't compatible with different versions for example.

The same thing was done with SFII and SFIII, each was considered its own game. Thus far there is only one version of SFV. SFV:AE was the same game bundled with season pass codes.

It's not that surprising SFV sold less. SFIV was one of the best selling fighting games ever, decline happens. Also, it probably lost about 2 million sales skipping Xbox.



Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

DarthJarvis said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I read about the sales awhile back and every site I came across said that the versions must be counted as one because there are no SFVA numbers. For Capcoms sake I hope you are wrong because that means the game is selling tons of dirt cheap budget copies instead of the more expensive newer versions. 

Huh? Capcom has every game that posted above 1m on that site. Ever SF4 iteration is listed separately. SF4 arcade barely was above 1m on multiple consoles. Why would you think people are buying budget games (and not ps store) instead of the logical explanation that SF5 arcade just hasn't crossed a million 

SFV hit 2.9 million a while back (LINK), why did people keep buying the vanilla version and not SFV:Arcade Edition?!??!

Clearly all SFV sales are lumped together. Discussion over!



Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)