Forums - Sales Discussion - Top 20 best-selling games of 2019 Germany


-Everything above MM2 > 200k
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey, and Zelda BOTW charted for 3 consecutive years

last 2 years charts for comparison 
https://www.game.de/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/game_PC_Jahres_Charts_Top20_2018_1.jpg
https://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/germany-top-20.jpg



Around the Network

Physical only or digital sales included



Interesting to see how popular NSMB U is. I don't think it would chart nearly that high in most other nation's annual charts.



The_Liquid_Laser said:
Interesting to see how popular NSMB U is. I don't think it would chart nearly that high in most other nation's annual charts.

01./00. [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) - 2.988.134 / NEW

02./01. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate # <FTG> (Nintendo) - 1.092.397 / 3.453.052 (-54%)

03./00. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III # <RPG> (Square Enix) - 861.226 / NEW

04./00. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) - 800.504 / NEW

05./00. [NSW] New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe <New Super Mario Bros. U New Super Luigi U> <ACT> (Nintendo) - 747.589 / NEW



Bofferbrauer2 said:
Physical only or digital sales included

"auf Datenträgern verkauft" - physical only



Around the Network
LGBTDBZBBQ said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Interesting to see how popular NSMB U is. I don't think it would chart nearly that high in most other nation's annual charts.

01./00. [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield # (Pokemon Co.) - 2.988.134 / NEW

02./01. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate # (Nintendo) - 1.092.397 / 3.453.052 (-54%)

03./00. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III # (Square Enix) - 861.226 / NEW

04./00. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 # (Nintendo) - 800.504 / NEW

05./00. [NSW] New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Nintendo) - 747.589 / NEW

I'm not sure the context of these numbers.  What chart is this from?



The_Liquid_Laser said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

01./00. [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield # (Pokemon Co.) - 2.988.134 / NEW

02./01. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate # (Nintendo) - 1.092.397 / 3.453.052 (-54%)

03./00. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III # (Square Enix) - 861.226 / NEW

04./00. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 # (Nintendo) - 800.504 / NEW

05./00. [NSW] New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Nintendo) - 747.589 / NEW

I'm not sure the context of these numbers.  What chart is this from?

Japan



LGBTDBZBBQ said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I'm not sure the context of these numbers.  What chart is this from?

Japan

Ok thanks.

So, my point is that NSMB U is the 2nd most popular Switch game of the year in Germany.  That is unusual, especially since it has charted far above Mario Maker 2.  Mario Maker 2 is basically the 11th most popular Switch game on the list while the other 2D Mario game is #2.  In Japan these games are 4 and 5 on the charts respectively.  But in Germany they prefer NSMB U far more.



The_Liquid_Laser said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Japan

Ok thanks.

So, my point is that NSMB U is the 2nd most popular Switch game of the year in Germany.  That is unusual, especially since it has charted far above Mario Maker 2.  Mario Maker 2 is basically the 11th most popular Switch game on the list while the other 2D Mario game is #2.  In Japan these games are 4 and 5 on the charts respectively.  But in Germany they prefer NSMB U far more.

I think even in the US 2019 top seller, NSMBUD>MM. 



Yep... everyone wants Sword not Shield.

5th vs 17th... xD

Happy to see Mario Party up there, just disappointing it didn't get supported with content like other titles.



LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m