Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict the Next Direct (Winter 2020 Edition)

When will the next Nintendo Direct hit?

January 21st-25th 4 6.35%
 
January 26th-31st 7 11.11%
 
February 1st-7th 3 4.76%
 
February 8th-14th 15 23.81%
 
February 15th-21st 3 4.76%
 
February 22nd-29th 10 15.87%
 
March 1st-7th 9 14.29%
 
March 8th-14th 1 1.59%
 
March 15th-21st 8 12.70%
 
We're not getting one; Don't Care 3 4.76%
 
Total:63
Dyotropic said:
Didn't nintendo announce that they won't being doing general directs anymore and instead be making announcements throughout the year.

No?of course not...



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Dyotropic said:
Didn't nintendo announce that they won't being doing general directs anymore and instead be making announcements throughout the year.

No?of course not...

I'm confused now.



CaptainExplosion said:
Nautilus said:

No?of course not...

I'm confused now.

If Nintendo ever said that, believe me it would be plastered all over the place.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I'm confused now.

If Nintendo ever said that, believe me it would be plastered all over the place.

Yeah, now it makes sense.



CaptainExplosion said:

So, now that the Animal Crossing New Horizons Direct is over, should we make a new poll for this thread to have dates in March and April?

Nevermind, I'll be back in a minute.

Not ready to give up on the dates I've made for the poll yet.  But if March starts slipping by we won't have much choice, obviously. Personally I still think a genereal Direct will be happening before Animal Crossing releases.  Second week of March sounds about right. 



Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
CaptainExplosion said:

So, now that the Animal Crossing New Horizons Direct is over, should we make a new poll for this thread to have dates in March and April?

Nevermind, I'll be back in a minute.

Not ready to give up on the dates I've made for the poll yet.  But if March starts slipping by we won't have much choice, obviously. Personally I still think a genereal Direct will be happening before Animal Crossing releases.  Second week of March sounds about right. 

Your poll is still good either way as far as the thread title goes.  Spring starts March 19 and the poll goes up to that week.  If we don't get one by then, "We're not getting one; Don't Care" could be considered correct I suppose.



CaptainExplosion said:
Nautilus said:

No?of course not...

I'm confused now.

Nintendo did say that they would have announcements throughout the year.  That's probably where that's coming from.



Another Tuesday, another day of hope that a Direct will be announced in the morning.



This Thursday.

More Wii U ports: Pikmin 3 in late April, Super Mario 3D World in 'Summer' (August/September)
New first-party titles: Metroid 5 (September), Paper Mario (June), new IP/reboot of Wave Race (July)
Release date confirmation: Xenoblade Chronicles DE (May 29th), Bayonetta 3 (2020), Detective Club (summer 2020), Bravely Default 2 (Autumn/Fall), Deadly Premonition 2 (June)
Third-party stuff: Dragon Quest Heroes, Bioshock Collection, Doom Eternal, Journey to the Savage Planet, XCOM 2, Catherine: Full Body
Tease to finish: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel (2020)



Well, I'm gonna say it'll happen in the last third of this month. Probably on the 19th, because that's almost a month after the Animal Crossing one, and I don't remember there ever being Saturday Directs.