Quantcast
Rumor: Nintendo plans to launch a new Switch SKU in 2020 - UPDATE: Nintendo says no

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Nintendo plans to launch a new Switch SKU in 2020 - UPDATE: Nintendo says no

What will the new Switch model be?

Switch 2 4 5.80%
 
Switch Pro 33 47.83%
 
Switch XL 6 8.70%
 
Switch TV 9 13.04%
 
Switch Mini (clamshell) 0 0.00%
 
Something else 6 8.70%
 
No new SKU in 2020 11 15.94%
 
Total:69
zorg1000 said:
JRPGfan said:

Without the screen and dock, battery? probably possible tbh.
Switch lite is 199$ (without battery + screen), it should be a easy 149$ for a Switch Tv.

Dont forget about the Joy-Cons, the only way Switch TV is $149 is if it comes with no controller.

Maybe its sold without, or maybe its a budget version of the pro controller without the parts that make it expensive.
I still think 149$ is possible without losses, for a Switch Tv.



Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
JRPGfan said:

Without the screen and dock, battery? probably possible tbh.
Switch lite is 199$ (without battery + screen), it should be a easy 149$ for a Switch Tv.

Dont forget about the Joy-Cons, the only way Switch TV is $149 is if it comes with no controller.

Severely overestimating the price of a few things.



Nu-13 said:
zorg1000 said:

Dont forget about the Joy-Cons, the only way Switch TV is $149 is if it comes with no controller.

Severely overestimating the price of a few things.

They sell a pair of Joy Cons for $80, no way they are selling the hardware+Joy Cons for $150.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Nu-13 said:

Severely overestimating the price of a few things.

They sell a pair of Joy Cons for $80, no way they are selling the hardware+Joy Cons for $150.

At a fat margin of profit.



Nu-13 said:
zorg1000 said:

They sell a pair of Joy Cons for $80, no way they are selling the hardware+Joy Cons for $150.

At a fat margin of profit.

And Nintendo is going to sell Switch TV at a slim profit margin?



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Nu-13 said:

At a fat margin of profit.

And Nintendo is going to sell Switch TV at a slim profit margin?

They did it with the switch at launch. A hypothetical switch tv could have released last year for $149 already.



The_Liquid_Laser said:
Most likely it is just a normal Switch with some improvements like longer battery life, a slightly better CPU and improved joy-cons that no longer have the drift problem.

Second most likely is a digital only Switch with a bigger hard drive and improved interface for people who want to go the digital only route.

They already released a normal switch with battery improvement, new soc, new joy cons lol in August 2019 before the switch lite came out.

Why would they re release the same thing again?



Given how many Switch games now a days run at 720p to 864p and 900p I think new Switch Pro should demand games run at least 1080p in docked mode.



If it's Switch TV I hope it has docking capability, preferably for both Lite and standard Switch, so I can get rid of that dreadful OG dock.



BlackBeauty said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Most likely it is just a normal Switch with some improvements like longer battery life, a slightly better CPU and improved joy-cons that no longer have the drift problem.

Second most likely is a digital only Switch with a bigger hard drive and improved interface for people who want to go the digital only route.

They already released a normal switch with battery improvement, new soc, new joy cons lol in August 2019 before the switch lite came out.

Why would they re release the same thing again?

To make gradual improvements.  

There were rumors last year about a "Switch Pro" and all this pro model had were some modest improvements to the base Switch.  I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same thing again.