Hello and Welcome ·
First, I'd like to congratulate Death Stranding for being VGC's Best Looking Game Of 2019!
We're going to follow last year's New Edition Template, but with some polish and next gen sprinkles!
The way it works — provide me with a game you think could be a serious looker and technological pusher for 2020. What makes up the graphics? Physics? The technology behind these things will be much more at the forefront this year! Here is our own trasharmdsister: "For example, God of War used particles beautifully to bring its world to life and make it feel more fantastical and magical. And the quality was awesome. Really made me think we actually hit tech demo level from beginning of gen (That UE4 demo)."
Towards the end of months with at least 2 big graphical showcase releases, I'll have a poll with a few titles that released during that time. In it, there will be categories to choose from. All you have to do is vote for the game you think dominates one of the categories and I will add it to the table. The game with the most votes in a category will be nominated for that month. It will then face off against other games, in that particular category, at the end of the year. This will all depend on your votes, so get 'em out there!
- MUST release in 2020. It can even have a placeholder date, but cannot be pegged for any other year
- Preferably not a Remaster (Remakes are good)
- Must follow a general consensus. So, news articles, site threads, etc. that have taken note of graphical details and tech
- Can be from any of the main platforms (PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One // PS5, Xbox Series)
- Best Animations
- Best Art
- Best Character Models
- Best DLC/Mods
- Best Effects (AA, GI, SSAO/HBAO+, SSR, etc...)
- Best Environments (Anisotropic Filtering, Texture Maps, etc...)
- Best Graphics Tech Running @ 60fps (Consoles)
- Best Physics
- Best Use Of Ray Tracing
- Best Looking Next Gen Game (Games Only On PS5 or Xbox Series + PC)
- Overall Best Looking Game (End Of 2020)
Let's make this as fun as we can, since no opinion or viewpoint is wrong. Give feedback in any of the categories above, as well thought out responses! Remember, this thread doesn't have to be for you, but try to let those who want to participate enjoy what’s here!
By December 1, 2020, we will have a final 'Game of the Year' type of scenario, showing what games have been nominated throughout the year and then the finale: BEST LOOKING GAME IN 2020. At that point, everyone will nominate the best looking game from the 5 poll options. At the bottom of the OP, the Current Competition will be displayed, with the categories you choose from and the games chosen from a particular month! * NOTE * When posting pictures, try not to exceed 6 per post as to avoid clutter. Thanks guys!
|Graphics Tech (60fps On Console)|
|NEXT GEN Game|
|Ray Tracing (PC)||Control|
GAMES OF THE MONTH
Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 01 April 2020