Quantcast
Xbox Scarlett Specs Rumor

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Scarlett Specs Rumor

VAMatt said:
ironmanDX said:

There must be some bandwidth limiting involved too. Could be a great idea that runs rather poorly otherwise.

The rumours here sound so similar to the PS5. If true, they could have saved money with R&D and just built the same machine.

Phil Spencer at E3 next year - "We're going to launch about 6 months after Sony.  That's so we can wait to see what they launch, copy it, add in something to make ours the most powerful console, and price it $100 lower."

Sounds like a legit winning strategy to me.  

Sony would be proud too. Finally, someone copying our ideas!!



Around the Network
jason1637 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Although we have a thread discussing this, if you want, I'll let this remain open and let you turn it into The Official Scarlett (including the Lockhart Edition) Speculation Thread if you'd like. That is any and every piece of info regarding the upcoming specs of the Xbox consoles could go in here with discussion.

I'm down with that.

Have at it!



                                                                                                             

LudicrousSpeed said:
thismeintiel said:

That was something Sony announced for the PS4 using Gaikai. It never came about, though, since it became PS Now. Not sure if you can do it if you have a Now sub, though.



Specs sound glorious. Hope they’re real. And Lockhart won’t hold anything back, will just play Anaconda games at lower resolutions.

It won't. Even if it's just a 1080/30 machine. It's not product for people using this forum for the most part.

I'm rather eager for E3. Will probably be announced earlier than that but I feel like more details and games will be present there.



thismeintiel said:
twintail said:
Sounds like a monster indeed.
The streaming while installing feature is quite clever.

That was something Sony announced for the PS4 using Gaikai. It never came about, though, since it became PS Now. Not sure if you can do it if you have a Now sub, though.

Really? I recall stuff like demo access, not early access to installing games.  Interesting nonetheless



Hiku said:

One thing off the bat that caught my eye was the "according to several sources".

Just recently Jason Schreier (I believe) said that devs were frustrated about not having dev kits/not knowing Scarlett's specs.
And it just generally seemed like info about the console was hard to come by.

Now all of a sudden several sources are revealing the specs at the same time?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds suspect.
And if I recall correctly, Windows Central have provided inaccurate leaks before.

I feel like Schreier was trying to say that not all devs have devkits that are up to date with the latest specs because he's also mentioned that devs have told him thet they dont like Lockhart and that Anaconda/PS5 are very powerful.



Around the Network
Hiku said:

One thing off the bat that caught my eye was the "according to several sources".

Just recently Jason Schreier (I believe) said that devs were frustrated about not having dev kits/not knowing Scarlett's specs.
And it just generally seemed like info about the console was hard to come by.

Now all of a sudden several sources are revealing the specs at the same time?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds suspect.
And if I recall correctly, Windows Central have provided inaccurate leaks before.

I'm sceptical too. I expect many "leaks" from now until the actual reveal. It's good for the site though.



jason1637 said:
Hiku said:

One thing off the bat that caught my eye was the "according to several sources".

Just recently Jason Schreier (I believe) said that devs were frustrated about not having dev kits/not knowing Scarlett's specs.
And it just generally seemed like info about the console was hard to come by.

Now all of a sudden several sources are revealing the specs at the same time?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds suspect.
And if I recall correctly, Windows Central have provided inaccurate leaks before.

I feel like Schreier was trying to say that not all devs have devkits that are up to date with the latest specs because he's also mentioned that devs have told him thet they dont like Lockhart and that Anaconda/PS5 are very powerful.

Right. Just that on top of specific information about these systems seemingly being under heavy lock and key, in Scarlett's case there would be even fewer sources available (due to fewer dev kits) to potentially leak something like this. I think the only thing that we know leaked so far was how the PS5 dev kit looked. And even they didn't tell us the specs.

So that there would be multiple sources leaking this info, at the same time, is interesting.



twintail said:
thismeintiel said:

That was something Sony announced for the PS4 using Gaikai. It never came about, though, since it became PS Now. Not sure if you can do it if you have a Now sub, though.

Really? I recall stuff like demo access, not early access to installing games.  Interesting nonetheless

That's what I was talking about.  It was advertised that you would be able to select a game on the PS Store and start playing the actual game, since the games would be on the GaiKai end of PSN.  Most likely it would stop at a certain point or have a time limit.  Given that info, if it had actually happened, you could do the same thing.  Buy a game, and while it's downloading, play it's demo until you hit that cutoff spot.  Then, just continue where you left off in the real game.

Hiku said:
jason1637 said:

I feel like Schreier was trying to say that not all devs have devkits that are up to date with the latest specs because he's also mentioned that devs have told him thet they dont like Lockhart and that Anaconda/PS5 are very powerful.

Right. Just that on top of specific information about these systems seemingly being under heavy lock and key, in Scarlett's case there would be even fewer sources available (due to fewer dev kits) to potentially leak something like this. I think the only thing that we know leaked so far was how the PS5 dev kit looked. And even they didn't tell us the specs.

So that there would be multiple sources leaking this info, at the same time, is interesting.

To me, it reeks of damage control.  Just like when Spencer came out almost immediately after it was reported that devs weren't happy with not having Scarlett info/devkits, saying that he totally had a Scarlett in his house and that's what he plays on, now.



I think 16 Gigs of RAM is a potential bottleneck. I mean that's System RAM plus VRAM combined and there are already titles on PC that massively suffer if you run a graphics card with less than 8 Gigs of VRAM, especially in 4K. They should go with 32 Gigs of RAM.

Other than that, it sounds just fine. A console for Full HD and one for 4K. The faster CPU should make a huge difference compared to the Xbox One X, the lower TF don't matter too much if you're playing in Full HD anyway. It should also make the base console dirt cheap, which is great.



Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
I think 16 Gigs of RAM is a potential bottleneck. I mean that's System RAM plus VRAM combined and there are already titles on PC that massively suffer if you run a graphics card with less than 8 Gigs of VRAM, especially in 4K. They should go with 32 Gigs of RAM.

Other than that, it sounds just fine. A console for Full HD and one for 4K. The faster CPU should make a huge difference compared to the Xbox One X, the lower TF don't matter too much if you're playing in Full HD anyway. It should also make the base console dirt cheap, which is great.

16 GB of RAM does seem a little low, since it is only 4 GB more than XB1 X. However, the OS apparently will only use 2-3 GB, leaving 13-14 GB available to developers. Also worth noting that MS has said that developers will be able to use some of the SSD as virtual RAM. While an SSD isn’t nearly as fast as GDDR6, developers can store data on this SSD virtual RAM that isn’t as speed dependent, freeing up the GDDR6 for data that is speed dependent.