By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Papa Phil: Control is coming to GamePass

https://www.windowscentral.com/remedys-control-coming-xbox-game-pass-says-phil-spencer

No idea when but wow, what a huge grab for the service, if true. I stayed away at launch since it had PS exclusive content and I almost bought on BF deals but I’m glad I held off now!

Stay winning, GamePass

Last edited by TalonMan - on 12 December 2019

Around the Network

Fuck dammit. I spent $60 on this one and haven't even finished it yet. It kinda felt like a Game Pass game but I ignored my gut!



Twitter: @d21lewis

Hopefully it is on there a long time. I want it to still be on there when I get my Scarlett next Holiday. My regular XB1 is too weak to play it, Control has major framerate issues on base consoles, even Pro and X performance isn't great. Scarlett is powerful enough it should be able to play the game at a smooth framerate through backwards compatibility.



Remedy is denying the news but that’s normal as they’d want to keep sales going. There’s no time line on when Phil was referring, could be 6 months from now.



"Control" is one of the best games of the year! I totally recommend it for people that didn't play it yet.



Around the Network

wow, I was about to buy it! Amazing news for me



LudicrousSpeed said:
Remedy is denying the news but that’s normal as they’d want to keep sales going. There’s no time line on when Phil was referring, could be 6 months from now.

Reguardless of if its true or not, Remedy must be mad as hell.
This is gonna hurt its sales.



d21lewis said:
Fuck dammit. I spent $60 on this one and haven't even finished it yet. It kinda felt like a Game Pass game but I ignored my gut!

If its a AA/AAA with some hype but not amazing sales, it seems like Gamepass jumps on it. That's how I've been playing Bloodstained. Then you have Metro, Rage 2, DmC5, etc.



JRPGfan said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Remedy is denying the news but that’s normal as they’d want to keep sales going. There’s no time line on when Phil was referring, could be 6 months from now.

Reguardless of if its true or not, Remedy must be mad as hell.
This is gonna hurt its sales.

I expect sooner than that.

It seems like Gamepass has gotten notable content in under 6 months after release.



JRPGfan said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Remedy is denying the news but that’s normal as they’d want to keep sales going. There’s no time line on when Phil was referring, could be 6 months from now.

Reguardless of if its true or not, Remedy must be mad as hell.
This is gonna hurt its sales.

Sam Lake reading about the comment from the XBoss: