Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: W46, 2019 (Nov 11 - Nov 17) - Pokemon Launch

OTBWY said:
Lafiel said:

weird, didn't know they use US$ in Japan - you might want to look up the yen prices of these pokemon games, spoiler: the price difference is smaller

It's higher.

4950 yen vs 5720 yen is just a 15.5% price increase, while $45 to $60 is a 33% increase



Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Lafiel said:

weird, didn't know they use US$ in Japan - you might want to look up the yen prices of these pokemon games, spoiler: the price difference is smaller

It's higher.

Googled it:

Pokemon Sword/Shield - 5980 Yen - https://nintendosoup.com/pokemon-sword-and-shield-double-pack-announced-in-japan/

Pokemon Sun/Moon - 4,980 Yen - https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon-now-available-in-japan-us-and-australia-1627438

That would be closer to $50 vs $60.



LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

Lafiel said:
OTBWY said:

It's higher.

4950 yen vs 5720 yen is just a 15.5% price increase, while $45 to $60 is a 33% increase

Barkley said:
OTBWY said:

It's higher.

Googled it:

Pokemon Sword/Shield - 5980 Yen - https://nintendosoup.com/pokemon-sword-and-shield-double-pack-announced-in-japan/

Pokemon Sun/Moon - 4,980 Yen - https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon-now-available-in-japan-us-and-australia-1627438

That would be closer to $50 vs $60.

Guys, whats the argument here? It's still higher. Theres multiple factors to argue about but why even focus on that one. I didn't even factor in stuff like vouchers cause I don't want to be vague.




OTBWY said:

Guys, whats the argument here? It's still higher. Theres multiple factors to argue about but why even focus on that one.

because you used US prices to argue in a thread about japanese sales?



Lafiel said:
OTBWY said:

Guys, whats the argument here? It's still higher. Theres multiple factors to argue about but why even focus on that one.

because you used US prices to argue in a thread about japanese sales?

I'm just taking points from Zhuge



If the semantics don't make sense to you, fair deuce.




Around the Network

Great SW & HW sales for Nintendo. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the year unfolds compared to last year since this time around Nintendo doesn't have the one-two punch of Pokémon + Smash.

Ring Fit Adventure seeing its first significant drop after a month out.



Signature goes here!

This is interesting since Switch Lite has outsold Switch this week in Japan. We already have information from Europe/UK that Switch Lite has sold quite less than the base model in Pokémon launch week, just like last week in Japan.



siebensus4 said:
This is interesting since Switch Lite has outsold Switch this week in Japan. We already have information from Europe/UK that Switch Lite has sold quite less than the base model in Pokémon launch week, just like last week in Japan.

Oooh, didn't notice this. It's been weird seeing the Switch outsell the Switch Lite in Japan week after week. I long expected Switch Lite to be the main seller in Japan. Though next week it may just drop back behind again...



LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

I guess the Japanese market didn’t understand Kojima’s vision enough to have a good second week hold



Updated the op with the charts.