Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: All new Crash Bandicoot game in the works

The plot thickens; apparently this comes from the same source that was right about the N.Sane Trilogy and CTR:

Man, I'm trying sooo hard not to get hyped right now, in case it's not real or it's a PS5 exclusive or something, (I can see Sony writing Activision a massive cheque to secure it as a system seller for their new console) but the original Crash games were such a huge part of my childhood that I can't help but feel excited. 

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 November 2019

I didn't think there would be a direct this week, cos I'm a pessimistic dunce.

Around the Network

Announcement next month eh? Let's see it



I feel this was inevitable after the N. Sane trilogy sold more than 10 million.



 

 

 

 

 

haxxiy said:
I feel this was inevitable after the N. Sane trilogy sold more than 10 million.

Yup, outside of mario it's the best selling platformer of all time.

Personally I was hoping the new game would be closer to the originals, just with new levels and themes. When they change the gameplay with openworlds and such... it has a good chance of going badly. Still looking forward to it.



LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

Barkley said:
haxxiy said:
I feel this was inevitable after the N. Sane trilogy sold more than 10 million.

Yup, outside of mario it's the best selling platformer of all time.

Personally I was hoping the new game would be closer to the originals, just with new levels and themes. When they change the gameplay with openworlds and such... it has a good chance of going badly. Still looking forward to it.

To be fair, that rumor mentioned above has little credibility and others point out to the game being more Naughty Dog-like.



 

 

 

 

 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Man, I'm trying sooo hard not to get hyped right now, in case it's not real or it's a PS5 exclusive or something, (I can see Sony writing Activision a massive cheque to secure it as a system seller for their new console) but the original Crash games were such a huge part of my childhood that I can't help but feel excited. 

 Marketing rights with some exclusive content (Ape Escape crossover or something) is the best Sony will get (I doubt they would pay what would be an exorbitant fee for exclusivity). 



twintail said:
curl-6 said:

Man, I'm trying sooo hard not to get hyped right now, in case it's not real or it's a PS5 exclusive or something, (I can see Sony writing Activision a massive cheque to secure it as a system seller for their new console) but the original Crash games were such a huge part of my childhood that I can't help but feel excited. 

 Marketing rights with some exclusive content (Ape Escape crossover or something) is the best Sony will get (I doubt they would pay what would be an exorbitant fee for exclusivity). 

I hope you're right. I know Crash is a Playstation icon, I'm just selfish and want to play the game on a system I already own haha.

The N.Sane Trilogy did really well on Switch, so I'm hoping this will be like CTR and come out on PS4/Xbone/Switch/PC simultaneously. 



I didn't think there would be a direct this week, cos I'm a pessimistic dunce.

More fuel to the fire; a bunch of gaming influencers were sent out Crash merch, which apparently happened last year before the reveal of CTR Nitro Fueled.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/441687/rumor-new-crash-to-be-announced-this-week/



I didn't think there would be a direct this week, cos I'm a pessimistic dunce.