Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

BraLoD said:
It's been a long time, so:

48. LUMBERJACK, ROCK ON, ROBIN HOOD, CHEESE STEAK JIMMY'S.
46. You don't mess with this guy 2.
45. Maybe still the best game from its genre, in this game series picking up roast chicken from a trash can you broke in the street is a very wise choice.
44. A classic platforming turned into a rpg, now on a handheld.
43. The first game to get the proper series name in the west from a flying combat franchise that got a new entry this year.
42. In this game you can play grab and spin throw enemies as an attack, you can wear a barrel or be a knight, become an alpinist and even a magician. This game was only ported to the west years later with a handheld port.
41. In this game the cars have a bit more polygons than Tesla's Cybertruck, it's the second game on its franchise.

48. These sound like misheard lyrics but I can't guess it.

45. Streets of Rage?

44. Super Mario RPG?

S.Peelman said:
The next game is famous and has lots of fans here, should be easy to guess.

#37: The baby at the start of the game ends up helping and saving you at the very end.

Super Metroid?



Around the Network
Farsala said:
Next hints.

38- A globetrotting story with lots of shooting and treasure finding to be had. This entry had a nice multiplayer map in the himalayas, I spent hours playing around this map compared to the others.

37- After 11 years this main entry game also got at least 3 more re releases. It started with only 16 playable characters and eventually made it to 44. The version I particularly enjoyed had 39 characters, including my favorite Tiger Shot touting fighter.

#37: Street Fighter IV. 



Signature goes here!

Landale_Star said:
S.Peelman said:
The next game is famous and has lots of fans here, should be easy to guess.

#37: The baby at the start of the game ends up helping and saving you at the very end.

Super Metroid?

Correct.



TruckOSaurus said:
Farsala said:
Next hints.

38- A globetrotting story with lots of shooting and treasure finding to be had. This entry had a nice multiplayer map in the himalayas, I spent hours playing around this map compared to the others.

37- After 11 years this main entry game also got at least 3 more re releases. It started with only 16 playable characters and eventually made it to 44. The version I particularly enjoyed had 39 characters, including my favorite Tiger Shot touting fighter.

#37: Street Fighter IV. 

Yes, correct.



#37 Hint: Second installment of a immensely popular series which introduced a boost mechanic that is still present 22 years later.



Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
#37 Hint: Second installment of a immensely popular series which introduced a boost mechanic that is still present 22 years later.

Boosting implies a racing game.. 22 years ago is 1997.. popular..

Mario Kart 64?

I don't think you could powerslide in the original, could be wrong.



S.Peelman said:
TruckOSaurus said:
#37 Hint: Second installment of a immensely popular series which introduced a boost mechanic that is still present 22 years later.

Boosting implies a racing game.. 22 years ago is 1997.. popular..

Mario Kart 64?

I don't think you could powerslide in the original, could be wrong.

Correct!



Signature goes here!

Landale_Star said:
Scoobes said:
Hints:

43: Buzz Lightyear and the Queen of England

42: A very old game so I doubt many will know it. Title consists of 2 words: An object that explodes and a Tennessee whisky.

41: A sequel to a late 90s classic. One of the main characters shares the same first name as the actress that played Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Another shares the same first name as a 2-time Scottish Formula 1 world champion from the 60s.

40: This game won a BAFTA... although it's spelling is a bit unfortunate for such an award.

39: The latest version of a game that features someone that did voices for two of the CARS films.

38: Sequel to 40!

42. Bomb Jack

Correct!



BraLoD said:
It's been a long time, so:

48. LUMBERJACK, ROCK ON, ROBIN HOOD, CHEESE STEAK JIMMY'S.
46. You don't mess with this guy 2.
45. Maybe still the best game from its genre, in this game series picking up roast chicken from a trash can you broke in the street is a very wise choice.
44. A classic platforming turned into a rpg, now on a handheld.
43. The first game to get the proper series name in the west from a flying combat franchise that got a new entry this year.
42. In this game you can play grab and spin throw enemies as an attack, you can wear a barrel or be a knight, become an alpinist and even a magician. This game was only ported to the west years later with a handheld port.
41. In this game the cars have a bit more polygons than Tesla's Cybertruck, it's the second game on its franchise.

48: Has to be Age of Empires 2

45. Streets of Rage 2

44. Unless Super Mario RPG is now on Switch, I'll go with Assassins Creed: Origins



#37 - A Dragon boy, a winged girl, and their friends, go on a journey to destroy an evil religion.