Forums - Sony Discussion - What do you want to see for First party support on PS5?

Not a bunch of games that blend together.



Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
twintail said:

*yawns*

I remember when troll posting used to be good.

That’s on you if you take it as troll posting. 

Their making around a third of the game’s they made or funded on PS3. 

I roll my eyes at 'released barely anything'



More variety - just think about how many open-world games Sony released on the PS4 - I think that's around half of the released stuff, if not more. Contrast that with even the PS3, and you start seeing how much more "consolidated" it is. It isn't to say that open-world is bad - HZD is my favorite game this gen after NieR: Automata, but yeah.

More funding to Japan Studio.
More funding to Housemarque.
Insomniac doing something different , though I assume they'll just be doing more Spiderman



Basically what everyone else has said to a degree, I want a more varied library like the previous gen used to have. I've always felt the PS4 didn't have that same feeling as the PS3 had for me personally and that's because the PS3 had such a huge varied library of games from all different genres, no matter how big or small, it felt like you could find anything. With this gen, and especially the past few years, it's felt like Sony has mostly just focused on the huge AAA games such as Uncharted, Horizon, God of War, Spider-Man, The Last of Us, Ghosts of Tsushima, etc.

Which are all great games, don't get me wrong, and it has worked out amazingly for them but like you said you can sort of see the 'formula" some people talk about, and I think at this point "3rd person story driven realistic game" has become to Sony exclusives what "Gears, Forza, Halo" has become to Microsoft exclusives for the most part. Things like Concrete Genie, MediEvil, Ratchet & Clank, Dreams, etc feel far and few between this gen.

So for PS5 keep bringing out amazing things like Spider-Man 2, Horizon 2, God of War 2, etc. But also bring more smaller/medium-ish games with different styles or ideas, things that don't need to be AAA and give them some focus too. And if the studios they have don't wanna work on those things then do what Xbox does and partner with other developers who do wanna work on them and are capable of doing so and fund it that way. Bring back older Playstation IP's that people want too, even if it's in the form of remasters like with WipeOut Omega Collection. Work with other devs and indies to make amazing exclusives. 

I would love to think back on the PS4 the same way I do on the PS3 but the variety just isn't nearly the same, so I really hope the PS5 changes that. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 10 November 2019

twintail said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

That’s on you if you take it as troll posting. 

Their making around a third of the game’s they made or funded on PS3. 

I roll my eyes at 'released barely anything'

Compared to past gens, they did 🖖



Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
twintail said:

I roll my eyes at 'released barely anything'

Compared to past gens, they did 🖖

That rhetoric is getting a bit tiring,also a good way to go offtopic and devolve a thread into another yes/no competition.

Ontopic:

I do expect them to bring us even more experiences to play on the PS5 but these are a few of the ones i would like to have for it .

God of War 2

God of War 3

Horizon zero dawn 2

Spiderman 2



I don't have any particular desires, although, as already mentioned, an AAA JRPG would be nice. I kinda hope Insomniac moves on from Spider-Man as well.



Chinese food for breakfast

 

COKTOE said:
I don't have any particular desires, although, as already mentioned, an AAA JRPG would be nice. I kinda hope Insomniac moves on from Spider-Man as well.

Well yeah a new Ratchet And Clank game would be nice!



A 3d Platformer PLEASE!



I am Iron Man

Immersiveunreality said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Compared to past gens, they did 🖖

That rhetoric is getting a bit tiring,also a good way to go offtopic and devolve a thread into another yes/no competition.

Ontopic:

I do expect them to bring us even more experiences to play on the PS5 but these are a few of the ones i would like to have for it .

God of War 2

God of War 3

Horizon zero dawn 2

Spiderman 2

The thread is asking what you want to see from Sony first party next gen. I literally answered that, nothing off topic about it. And he and I had like five posts, so I don’t think it was derailed either. Hope that helps, but if it makes you feel better I’ll bounce.