By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 12 october 2019

Platform N. America Europe Japan Global
96,132 70,171 56,156 256,364
58,647 98,098 7,435 204,745
32,746 17,915 74 57,366
5,042 3,473 1,012 10,348
N/A N/A 24 24


                                                                                                             

Around the Network

You can read the full breakdown by region article here.

Global hardware estimates (Followed by lifetime sales):

  1. Switch - 256,364 (39,320,218)
  2. PlayStation 4 - 204,745 (100,848,566)
  3. Xbox One - 57,366 (43,518,956)
  4. 3DS - 10,348 (74,843,358)
  5. PS Vita - 24 (15,901,458)


VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Typhoon Hagibis took a sizeable bite out of Japan's sales, which hit the Switch hardest as the dominant console there.

Both NA/EU PS4 sales and Switch sales in each of the three big regions > Xbone global sales.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 October 2019

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

When it's Nintendo sharing their quaterly results?? next week?



polofresco said:
When it's Nintendo sharing their quaterly results?? next week?

Next thursday.



Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:
polofresco said:
When it's Nintendo sharing their quaterly results?? next week?

Next thursday.

Around the same time as Sony’s? 



Surpriseing the 3DS is still selling 10k tbh....
And that vita is still on this list, its time to let it go (24 units is nothing in the grand scheme of things).



curl-6 said:

Typhoon Hagibis took a sizeable bite out of Japan's sales, which hit the Switch hardest as the dominant console there.

It was probably more to do with the tax hike.

The typhoon only got here on the 12th, so it would've only affected 1 day of the week, and only in the Toyko area. The previous week felt the effects of the hike, but also would have included the last 2 days of the previous tax rate, with everybody panic shopping before tax went up, so we're only really seeing the full effect of it in this week.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

For me it is quite odd that so close to holiday and after Lite PS4 is being able to keep so close to Switch (in this case I'm suspecting more of low Switch than high PS4, since it have kept 200k average for most of the year).



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ka-pi96 said:
curl-6 said:

Typhoon Hagibis took a sizeable bite out of Japan's sales, which hit the Switch hardest as the dominant console there.

It was probably more to do with the tax hike.

The typhoon only got here on the 12th, so it would've only affected 1 day of the week, and only in the Toyko area. The previous week felt the effects of the hike, but also would have included the last 2 days of the previous tax rate, with everybody panic shopping before tax went up, so we're only really seeing the full effect of it in this week.

On Era multiple users mentioned how stores were closed over the weekend, when most sales occur, due to the typhoon. It definitely had a major affect on sales.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.