* Mechanically, everything works fine: moving, jumping, shooting while moving, dodging.
* The cooldown system is not an issue; along with limited ammo for power ups. It is designed the keep you rotating between guns.Kaiser is equipped with weak rapid fire machine gun and powerful homing launcher. If you don't take your finger of the trigger they will overheat and need to go through the cooldown phase before being usable. That is only if you let that happen. Switching between guns or just giving the trigger a second to breath will cool the gun in about a second so it gives the game a minor strategic element. The spreadshot makes an appearance in the demo and while it only has 13 ammo limit, it is incredibly strong and satisfying to use.
* Lets not beat round the bush; the game is visually subpar. In the games defense, the camera is pulled back far enough so that a lot of it is not noticeable....until the camera wants to zoom in for the more dynamic parts and then we get to see the low texture quality and non animated faces.
*Hopefully its just because its the tutorial stage, but there was a lot of quiet sections where you are just getting to the next action part. Run N Gun or a twinstick shooter, doesnt matter; This is Contra and there should always be something to shoot at.
* Shockingly, the music was pretty subdued and generic. Hopefully we can look forward to more energizing music. A kick ass soundtrack would go a long way in helping to ignore the graphic parts
* lot of F bombs just for the sake of it.
I played through the demo 3 times (its pretty short) and I found it to be fun. Out of all my cons I find myself most disappointed with the music. This is not going to set the world on fire but I think it will make for a fun 4 player coop (online/or couch) game. I think y'all should try the demo. Unless you are actively seeking to hate the game I dont think anybody will come out of demo saying it wasnt at least ok.Last edited by Xxain - on 12 September 2019