Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most beautiful 2D game ever

Oh that's easy ! It's Cuphead

Honestly, I'd probably take Kirby's Dreamland 3 anyday 
Last edited by Mar1217 - on 02 July 2019

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:

Do 2.5D games count or are we talking specifically 2D? With Bloodstained being so fresh I can't help but think of it, it looks so good.

You can include 2.5D if you like.

"If you like" sounds like a stretch.



I'm not sure 'beautiful' is the word I'd use, but Apotheon has an excellent art style.



Can't believe we're this far in and no pictures, lulz.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

You can include 2.5D if you like.

"If you like" sounds like a stretch.

Jeez, what do you want from me, engraved permission? :p



curl-6 said:

mZuzek said:

"If you like" sounds like a stretch.

Jeez, what do you want from me, engraved permission? :p

How about love?



Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Oh that's easy ! It's Cuphead

That is another good one.  It deserves a mention for the interesting art style.



I found the original Sonic the Hedgehog on Genesis very attractive at the time. It isn't the most beautiful ever, but it may have been the best to that point.



For me, gotta be Trine 2, though the imminent arrival for Trine 4 might change that.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Jeez, what do you want from me, engraved permission? :p

How about love?

I love all my VGChartz homies. :)



Hollow Knight is quite beautiful.


Here's some Bloodstained stuff, but...

...but, really, when we include 2.5D, we include stuff like Smash Ultimate, and that isn't fair.



curl-6 said:

Can't believe we're this far in and no pictures, lulz.

Says the guy who make single sentence threads...



  • PSN: Hynad
  • NN: 3519-6016-4122
  • XBL: Hynad
  • Steam: Hynad81