By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battletoads looks like a cheap basic cable cartoon.

 

Do you like Battletoads (2019) art style?

I love it! 6 10.00%
 
I like it, but it could be better. 11 18.33%
 
It's okay. 8 13.33%
 
It's a little bad. 10 16.67%
 
It's terrible. 25 41.67%
 
Total:60

Okay so how did we go from this...

To this...

One is an art style trying its best to emulate Ninja Turtles. The other just looks like a cheap kids program on Disney XD. It's like somebody liked all those terrible Turtles reboots  and decided to hire the artists from them. 



Around the Network

I like it. Also, I'll take it if the gameplay is good.



KLAMarine said:
I like it. Also, I'll take it if the gameplay is good.

Yeah, I'd still play it if the gameplay winds up being good too. 



Would be nice if there was a video accompanying this thread.



The gameplay better make up for this.



Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Okay so how did we go from this...

To this...

One is an art style trying its best to emulate Ninja Turtles. The other just looks like a cheap kids program on Disney XD. It's like somebody liked all those terrible Turtles reboots  and decided to hire the artists from them. 

Well, the latest Ninja Turtles aren't looking all that great either.

Quite simply, animation in general has gotten ugly in the past few years as animators have discarded the whole concept of "appeal" for reasons that have never been made clear to me.  Even Disney's followed that trend recently in some areas with projects like the Mickey shorts from Paul Rudish and to a lesser extent the latest DuckTales.

I don't know why.  Cheap computer animation shortcuts may be a part of it, but other shows like My Little Pony have ridiculous amount of appeal in the same environment.

Don't insult the Mickey shorts.  Those are awesome.



Gameplay starts at 1:39



I game on all consoles and PC

dx11332sega said:

Gameplay starts at 1:39

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, I think it looks great. I'd take it. 

Its you, not the game and to answer the OP questions, because were not in the 90's anymore.



NightlyPoe said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Okay so how did we go from this...

To this...

One is an art style trying its best to emulate Ninja Turtles. The other just looks like a cheap kids program on Disney XD. It's like somebody liked all those terrible Turtles reboots  and decided to hire the artists from them. 

Well, the latest Ninja Turtles aren't looking all that great either.

Quite simply, animation in general has gotten ugly in the past few years as animators have discarded the whole concept of "appeal" for reasons that have never been made clear to me.  Even Disney's followed that trend recently in some areas with projects like the Mickey shorts from Paul Rudish and to a lesser extent the latest DuckTales.

I don't know why.  Cheap computer animation shortcuts may be a part of it, but other shows like My Little Pony have ridiculous amount of appeal in the same environment.

Don't you dare bring the Mickey Mouse shorts into this.



The movesets for the characters look diverse. That's a good thing. One thing I can't stand in beat'em ups is doing the same two or three moves over and over again.