Forums - Politics Discussion - Climate-Related Deaths Down by 98.9%; Last Year All-Time Low

Have you died of climate yet?

Yes 2 100.00%
 
No 0 0.00%
 
Total:2

"Notice that the reduction in absolute deaths has happened while the global population has increased four-fold. The individual risk of dying from climate-related disasters has declined by 98.9%.

Last year, fewer people died in climate disasters than at any point in the last three decades (1986 was a similarly fortunate year).

The data is from the most respected global database, the International Disaster Database. There is some uncertainty about complete reporting from early decades, which is why this graph starts in 1920, and if anything this uncertainty means the graph underestimates the reduction in deaths."

https://principia-scientific.org/climate-related-deaths-down-by-98-9-last-year-all-time-low/

⚠️ WARNED: Other (banned from creating political topics) ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 25 May 2019

Around the Network

Compare to the alternative facts in the media:

The Earth is in a death spiral. It will take radical action to save us

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/14/earth-death-spiral-radical-action-climate-breakdown

250,000 deaths a year from climate change is a 'conservative estimate,' research says

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/16/health/climate-change-health-emergency-study/



It is great that natural disasters are causing less death world wide. I expect that this number will decrease even more since pre-warning signals getting better and therefore prevent casualties.



Just wait till hurricane season. My money is on mother nature.



heh, typos in the graph

Plus, you realise that last year was 2018 and not 2017... right?

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 25 May 2019

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network

I'm sure those in Africa are happy about less and less water and how it's no problem..

And who cares about all the costs of climate change. All those billions every year just to as example fight the rising water levels or droughts.

Hey, we have a better warning system now and less people die, who cares about more people losing their homes and more costs for everyone as long as they don't die directly from it.

Your site which is so respected even mentions the increasing costs and problems but yeah, try more to tell us how less deaths means that climate change is no thing or whatever you tried with it.

And about the articles you try to dismiss. They are about possible deaths in the future with rising temperatures. 

Someone well known in Germany said something like “41°C  feaver is no problem for most, 43°C feaver is your death“

That's also the problem with this planet and believing there won't be a problem for us in the future just because we can handle it now is not only ignorant but plain stupid

Last edited by crissindahouse - on 25 May 2019

When there is spelling errors, in a graph.... it leaves me skeptical of the source material.

Basically dont believe everything you read on the net.
Again this is like 97% of climate researchers saying one thing, and chooseing to believe the remaining 3% that are paid for by mega corps & oil industries.

Also just because in modern times, we no longer starve to death, after a drought/flooding, as we did maybe a 100years ago, doesnt mean the climate isnt turning worse. Meassureing how the climate is doing by "deaths pr year" is a odd metric anyway you swing it.



OP is not allowed to create Political Threads.