Forums - Politics Discussion - Boeing + Airbus thingy could effect Xbox Prices in europe in future

https://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/article191903605/Zollstreit-EU-US-Handelsgespraeche-wegen-Airbus-und-Boeing-gefaehrdet.html

"On the US list are European cheeses and aircraft parts, wine and machinery - obviously to attack important EU countries like France, Italy and Germany. The EU also knows how to act tactically in retaliation: When the US imposed steel and aluminum tariffs, Brussels imposed punitive duties on motorcycles like Harley-Davidson, whisky and various foods to hit republican constituencies and the Trump voters among farmers. Now their targeting video game consoles like Microsoft's Xbox and fitness equipment, helicopters and handbags, casino tables and tobacco, vodka and frozen lobsters."

Saw this on resetera by Chroeser, and thought maybe it could use a topic.

Its not like the Xbox brand has it easy in europe..... but if suddenly its 25-30% more expensive,
I could see that haveing a pretty negative impact on xbox sales.

I just find it funny how something related to Boeing + Airbus, somehow also could ends up also effect xbox sales lol.



Around the Network

As long as it doesn't affect the price in Japan.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It wont seeing as they are made in china



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

vivster said:
As long as it doesn't affect the price in Japan.

I fucking just lost my shit.



starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Xboxes are manufactured in China and Brazil, so they can easily avoid any issue on USA.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

https://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/article191903605/Zollstreit-EU-US-Handelsgespraeche-wegen-Airbus-und-Boeing-gefaehrdet.html

"On the US list are European cheeses and aircraft parts, wine and machinery - obviously to attack important EU countries like France, Italy and Germany. The EU also knows how to act tactically in retaliation: When the US imposed steel and aluminum tariffs, Brussels imposed punitive duties on motorcycles like Harley-Davidson, whisky and various foods to hit republican constituencies and the Trump voters among farmers. Now their targeting video game consoles like Microsoft's Xbox and fitness equipment, helicopters and handbags, casino tables and tobacco, vodka and frozen lobsters."

Saw this on resetera by Chroeser, and thought maybe it could use a topic.

Its not like the Xbox brand has it easy in europe..... but if suddenly its 25-30% more expensive,
I could see that haveing a pretty negative impact on xbox sales.

I just find it funny how something related to Boeing + Airbus, somehow also could ends up also effect xbox sales lol.

The reason behind all this is that the US, despite many talks about it, still uphold their tariffs on steel and aluminum, and increasingly talk about putting import tariffs on cars. Add to this that the US see Airbus as subventioned by the EU, and the European Union gets more and more under Zugzwang. They have to retaliate in kind as any other move would be seen as an exploitable weakness.

kirby007 said:
It wont seeing as they are made in china

That doesn't matter, since the US are still the sellers, which is the important point here. So yeah, it would hit the US even if the console never hit US soil.



Does it matter where it's made, or where the money flows to.



Xbox in Europe does not sell much anyway.



SvennoJ said:
Does it matter where it's made, or where the money flows to.

Doesnt matter where its made.
Its just that americans are putting tarrifs on european goods, and the europeans are replying in kinde.

And Xbox is a american product, reguardless of where its made.
So if the US follows through with their tarriffs, EU will responde in kinde, makeing Xbox more expensive to buy in the EU (as its one of the goods, that will get hit).

Random_Matt said:
Xbox in Europe does not sell much anyway.

Its late gen, and sales are slowing, but after this its gonna get worse.
Also this *could* last for along time, ei. until america lifts their tarrifs that these where supposed to equal.


Which means next gen, when xbox Two launches,
 the consoles might be more expensive than Playstation 5, even if they planned to launch at same prices, in europe.



A tariff is based on where the product comes from, not who sells it



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.