Quantcast
February NPD 2019 thread

Forums - Sales Discussion - February NPD 2019 thread

Shadow1980 said:

Even more charts!

 

 


The Switch is definitely more than making up for the fact that Nintendo is now being supported by only one system now that the 3DS is on the way out sales-wise. As of February it has now sold over double what the Wii U did lifetime, and is outpacing the 3DS by a considerable rate.

Can you do one with February's? Like top 10 or 20.



Around the Network

Saw the thread on Resetera, Nintendo slaughtering the others in software.



LudicrousSpeed said:
Saw the thread on Resetera, Nintendo slaughtering the others in software.

5 exclusives in the top 20 without counting digital, yep they are doing great.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Saw the thread on Resetera, Nintendo slaughtering the others in software.

Can you share it here?



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Just impressive seeing BotW, after almost two years since it released, is still among the top 20 best-sellers in the NPD. It's hard to reinvent a franchise that has continuously evolved over the 3 decades it has existed. Major props to the Zelda team from EPD.



Around the Network
Farsala said:

Can you do one with February's? Like top 10 or 20.

Yes I can (chart excludes handhelds):

The Top 10 is absolutely dominated by the Wii, PS2, and 360, which take the top nine spots with the PS4's Feb. 2016 coming in at #10. The Switch is down at #17. Of course, the Wii, PS2, and 360 were all sales titans that occupy the top three spots for best-selling home consoles ever in the U.S., and the only ones to sell over 40M units here (the NES and PS1 occupy the #4 & #5 spots, though it's not clearly exactly which is #4 and which is #5, but the PS1 is definitely just above 30M sold lifetime in the U.S.). If we ignore the Wii, PS2, and 360, then the Switch's performance last month was the sixth-best February of any system over the past four generations. It was also the third-best February so far this generation.



Shadow1980 said:

Even more charts!

 

 


The Switch is definitely more than making up for the fact that Nintendo is now being supported by only one system now that the 3DS is on the way out sales-wise. As of February it has now sold over double what the Wii U did lifetime, and is outpacing the 3DS by a considerable rate.

Thanks a lot for the informative charts. Those are really highly appreciated. What would make a more interesting chart is the Xbox 360 vs PS4. 

 

Xbox One vs PS3 would be interesting as well.



Compared to last february:
PS4: 363K (-22% YOY)
XB1: 310K (-29% YOY)
Switch: 279K (+30% YOY)

So compared to last year xbox had a bigger % drop. Momentum with playstation as we near the end of the gen. I'm surprised ps4 isn't down more. A $50 price drop in February will yield some impressive months this year.

So this month.

Switch = 367K
PS4 = 286K
XB1 = 227K
3DS = 55K

3ds on the way out. Will it ever catch the PSP? Ps4 numbers are good and Switch impressive.



Kerotan said:

3ds on the way out. Will it ever catch the PSP?

It did last year.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Kerotan said:

3ds on the way out. Will it ever catch the PSP?

It did last year.

Should have said WW