Forums - Website Topics - "Like" Notifications

Apparently, when I wrote the code that added the "Thumbs Up" option to forum posts, I had also written code to notify the author that somebody had liked their post - I just never turned it on...     ...and now, it's been turned on!! So, if somebody happens to "like" your post, you will get a notification letting you know about it.

You are also free to disable this notification at any time - just go to your User Settings and uncheck the notification for "Forums: Post Agreed With" option...



Around the Network

You get a thumbs up!



PSN ID- Rafie27

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
You get a thumbs up!

So do you!



Eh, I think I'll turn it off. I don't want to get dozens of notifications every day.



Flilix said:
Eh, I think I'll turn it off. I don't want to get dozens of notifications every day.

You think that many people actually like your postings?



Around the Network
TalonMan said:
Flilix said:
Eh, I think I'll turn it off. I don't want to get dozens of notifications every day.

You think that many people actually like your postings?

Yes. Who doesn't like my posts? They're great.



I like it. Though while we're on the subject, I always wondered how to cause the notification alert to appear as 'read'?
Even if I click on the links in the notification, multiple times even, I still tend to see the notification alert for days/weeks.
Is that just on my end, or is this something other people are experiencing?



Hiku said:
I like it. Though while we're on the subject, I always wondered how to cause the notification alert to appear as 'read'?
Even if I click on the links in the notification, multiple times even, I still tend to see the notification alert for days/weeks.
Is that just on my end, or is this something other people are experiencing?

They don't seem to go away if you look at notifications on the Buddy Menu. If, on the other hand, you use the drop-down on your avatar and click "Notifications", they'll clear after you visit that page...



Unchecked it in my settings, thanks for this post.



ThunderCats!! Hoooo!!