Forums - Website Topics - Sage Feature?

I've found myself frequently in the situation on this site where I want to post to a thread but don't want to bump the thread. Sometimes it's just that I want to respond to a specific post in an old thread without necrobumping, sometimes a thread is kind of dying out and is just me and another person going back and forth and I don't want to bombard the front page with repeated bumps of our responses, and other times I can't resist responding to a thread that I just don't want to actually promote attention to.

Now on certain other forums, a feature exists to post to a thread without bumping it to the top of its board or to the top of the forum. It's usually called saging in my experience. To my knowledge there's no way to do that on this website, but I sure do wish there was. Would this be something the community would want or is it just me? To the mods, is this even something that would be possible? A sage feature?



Around the Network

If you have something that truly has reason to bump I am sure the mods will not care, or you can just make a new thread linking that thread. Not sure what the rulez are these days though.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
If you have something that truly has reason to bump I am sure the mods will not care, or you can just make a new thread linking that thread. Not sure what the rulez are these days though.

Good point. I doubt something like this would be a high priority for them to add when they've got so much they're working on anyways.



HylianSwordsman said:
spurgeonryan said:
If you have something that truly has reason to bump I am sure the mods will not care, or you can just make a new thread linking that thread. Not sure what the rulez are these days though.

Good point. I doubt something like this would be a high priority for them to add when they've got so much they're working on anyways.

Yeah, no worries. As long as you have a good reason to bump, I take no issue with it. :)

That said, I'll work with Talon on a feature such as that should the need truly arise.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 07 March 2019

                                                                                                             

Not like it affects the hot topics if threads with a last reply from half a day ago are visible



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Either you necro/spam with pride or you get it to wall/pm.



BraLoD said:
Either you necro/spam with pride or you get it to wall/pm.

Oh right, I forgot about the walls. Often only an option if you're friends, but most people here are friendly enough that they'll friend you if you ask.



HylianSwordsman said:
BraLoD said:
Either you necro/spam with pride or you get it to wall/pm.

Oh right, I forgot about the walls. Often only an option if you're friends, but most people here are friendly enough that they'll friend you if you ask.

Most people will likely friend you without any problems.

I vote for thread spamming, tho, there is no problem to keep the conversation where it is, IMO.



kirby007 said:
Not like it affects the hot topics if threads with a last reply from half a day ago are visible

Eh??



TalonMan said:
kirby007 said:
Not like it affects the hot topics if threads with a last reply from half a day ago are visible

Eh??

This is still in hot topics



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.