By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Captain Marvel Review Bombed

Lately you may have noticed that Captain Marvel is being called certified fresh and entertaining, but that hasn't stopped it from being review bombed to lower it's scores on places like Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic.

Why all the Captain Marvel hate out there? Were a bunch of angry pissboys screaming "SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS RUIN TEH MCU, REEEEEEEEE!!!!"? Don't remember that happening to Wonder Woman. If that is what's happening, then it's pathetic. -_-



Around the Network

It does seem a bit weird. I get that people are mad at Brie Larson for some of the comments she made, but if you have to review bomb and make multiple youtube videos of how the people behind this film don't care about the fans...then it seems like you are trying too hard to justify your hate.



KLXVER said:
It does seem a bit weird. I get that people are mad at Brie Larson for some of the comments she made, but if you have to review bomb and make multiple youtube videos of how the people behind this film don't care about the fans...then it seems like you are trying too hard to justify your hate.

Sounds like the Star Wars fans who wouldn't stop bitching about The Last Jedi.



To be fair, it's never a good idea to respond to outrage by making fun of the people who are outraged. It generally creates a sense of community among those people, it just makes the outrage stronger. Really, the fact that this movie looks like a tepid stop-gap film would have already made it rank lower among the MCU. The controversial comments are just icing on the cake ... even though they weren't that bad at all.



CaptainExplosion said:
KLXVER said:
It does seem a bit weird. I get that people are mad at Brie Larson for some of the comments she made, but if you have to review bomb and make multiple youtube videos of how the people behind this film don't care about the fans...then it seems like you are trying too hard to justify your hate.

Sounds like the Star Wars fans who wouldn't stop bitching about The Last Jedi.

Well that was a beloved franchise and the people behind it pushed their agenda into it.

This is Captain Marvel ffs. A comic that has had several major changes in recent years because no one gives a shit about it.



Around the Network

Sometimes I really hate the internet. People get outraged by trivial things and then the internet allows them to find each other.

At any rate it's good to be aware that it is being review bombed before it's even been released. The user score doesn't reflect the true quality of the movie.



It's because Brie Larson ran her mouth and made several statements that could be considered sexist against males and racist against white males. For instance, she did one interview where she said that after doing martial arts training for the movie, whenever she passes a guy on the street she thinks about how best to hurt the guy. She did another interview criticizing white male movie critics. Add to that the other recent "SJW" moves made by Disney, and it was bound to happen.

It's also because critics and movie writers played Alita and Captain Marvel against each other, saying that Captain Marvel would be the strong female character that the world needs while Alita would just be a sexually objectified male fantasy. The fans ended up loving Alita though, it has a 96% audience score with an average audience rating of 4.6/5 on Rotten Tomatoes, and an 8.7/10 audience score on Metacritic, while the critics shat on it to push their agenda that Captain Marvel would be a better movie. Their playing Alita against Captain Marvel ended up working against them in the end though, because it killed the audience scores for Captain Marvel and even hurt the box office projections at one point, the projections dropped as low as $100m at one point, from a high of $160m, though they are back up to $125m now I believe.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 06 March 2019

CaptainExplosion said:

Lately you may have noticed that Captain Marvel is being called certified fresh and entertaining, but that hasn't stopped it from being review bombed to lower it's scores on places like Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic.

Why all the Captain Marvel hate out there? Were a bunch of angry pissboys screaming "SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS RUIN TEH MCU, REEEEEEEEE!!!!"? Don't remember that happening to Wonder Woman. If that is what's happening, then it's pathetic. -_-

It has not been review bombed.

1. Only critics can review it right now. So unless paid critics are review bombing it. BTW, I've seen a few critics post on twitter that they are not going to review it cause they didnt' like it and thus don't want to deal with any backlash of not liking it.

2. The only 'bombing' had been in the form of [do you want to see it or not] that rotten tomatoes had. After Larson started bashing white males, many white males went onto rotten tomatoes and clicked the button that they no longer wanted to see the movie. Not at all reviews, but a interest gauge. They lost interest in the movie.

The only people bitching about review bombing are the lying media. I've seen dozens of articles talking about my point 2 and they all say its a good thing that rotten tomatoes removed the option to review the movie before seeing it, except you could never do that anyway. Rotten tomatoes claims in their reasoning behind removing it that it was because of confusion between interest and review, which is funny cause the ONLY people who had that confused was the media. No one thought that that the interest and any posts detailing so interest was a review.



CaptainExplosion said:
KLXVER said:
It does seem a bit weird. I get that people are mad at Brie Larson for some of the comments she made, but if you have to review bomb and make multiple youtube videos of how the people behind this film don't care about the fans...then it seems like you are trying too hard to justify your hate.

Sounds like the Star Wars fans who wouldn't stop bitching about The Last Jedi.

So, it's justified then?  Because The Last Jedi sucked.



irstupid said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Lately you may have noticed that Captain Marvel is being called certified fresh and entertaining, but that hasn't stopped it from being review bombed to lower it's scores on places like Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic.

Why all the Captain Marvel hate out there? Were a bunch of angry pissboys screaming "SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS RUIN TEH MCU, REEEEEEEEE!!!!"? Don't remember that happening to Wonder Woman. If that is what's happening, then it's pathetic. -_-

It has not been review bombed.

1. Only critics can review it right now. So unless paid critics are review bombing it. BTW, I've seen a few critics post on twitter that they are not going to review it cause they didnt' like it and thus don't want to deal with any backlash of not liking it.

2. The only 'bombing' had been in the form of [do you want to see it or not] that rotten tomatoes had. After Larson started bashing white males, many white males went onto rotten tomatoes and clicked the button that they no longer wanted to see the movie. Not at all reviews, but a interest gauge. They lost interest in the movie.

The only people bitching about review bombing are the lying media. I've seen dozens of articles talking about my point 2 and they all say its a good thing that rotten tomatoes removed the option to review the movie before seeing it, except you could never do that anyway. Rotten tomatoes claims in their reasoning behind removing it that it was because of confusion between interest and review, which is funny cause the ONLY people who had that confused was the media. No one thought that that the interest and any posts detailing so interest was a review.

Yeah, when I saw that yesterday I got pissed off. Between the critics reviewing it higher than it likely deserves just to push an agenda, and the critics that didn't like it refusing to review it either out of fear of backlash or because they have an agenda like that critic that said he was refusing to give it a negative review because he didn't want to "feed the incels", it is becoming increasingly obvious that you can't trust movie critics at all anymore. I haven't trusted them since they heaped glowing praise on episode 8 personally, because that movie was hot, steaming garbage.