Quantcast
Pokemon Sword and Shield coming late 2019 worldwide

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Sword and Shield coming late 2019 worldwide

shikamaru317 said:
Green098 said:

You can travel from England to France via train though.

Yeah, could still happen. Let us just hope that Gamefreak was ambitious enough to do a 2 region game again. 

You wish. Well, I wish, too - Kalos is my favorite region and I'd love to see it in HD, but... It's never gonna happen, be real with yourselves.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I hope they improve the framerate before release, and I HOPE they aren't lying when they say they're trying new things. 

Oh, but they are trying new things. They'll be showing said things later, though, like at E3 and closer to release. You know, ALL-NEW SWORD AND SHIELD FORMS, ALL-NEW HYPER CREATURES, ALL-NEW EXTREME MOVES, and the likes. What, do you mean new things that are actually an improvement instead of something that lowers the age of Pokémon's target audience? I guess you're looking at the wrong franchise then, I'm sorry.



Around the Network

I mean, a least the Sinnoh remakes will look pretty.

Seriously though, Gamefreak needs to learn what the second analog stick. Kids are playing Fortnight and Minecraft. This isn't the 90s. Children aren't having trouble wrapping their heads around 3D anymore.

Not excited, but it's at least compelling enough that I'll play it, unlike Let's Go.



Well, this is new.

Read.

Wyrdness said:
shikamaru317 said:

Anybody else find it strange how little the Galar region conforms to UK geography? All of the previous regions pretty strictly followed the geography of the real world location they were based on, but not Galar:

As you can see, the largest city in the region is in the North, where real world Scotland would be, and if you look real closely you can see a clocktower resembling Big Ben in that city. Why is London in the North, in Scotland, instead of in the South? There are several other geographic anomalies as well.

Read the post above you it's turned the region upside down, it maintains the usual trait in the games where you start off somewhere in the South, because UK most of the major locations are in the South they've flipped the map.

That does make more sense, but still leaves pretty big geographical inconsistencies. Why are their huge snowy mountains between London and Manchester/Liverpool for instance?

I have seen far better fan made maps for UK based Pokemon region. The map that Game Freak went with is very Scotland heavy, with huge chunks of Britain and several major British cities ignored. Isle of Wight and Isle of Man are ignored completely, which is strange because you would have thought they would want at least a few ocean routes. 



shikamaru317 said:
Wyrdness said:

Read the post above you it's turned the region upside down, it maintains the usual trait in the games where you start off somewhere in the South, because UK most of the major locations are in the South they've flipped the map.

That does make more sense, but still leaves pretty big geographical inconsistencies. Why are their huge snowy mountains between London and Manchester/Liverpool for instance?

I have seen far better fan made maps for UK based Pokemon region. The map that Game Freak went with is very Scotland heavy, with huge chunks of Britain and several major British cities ignored. Isle of Wight and Isle of Man are ignored completely, which is strange because you would have thought they would want at least a few ocean routes. 

It's inspired by UK not a recreation of it same way X/Y was inspired by France, it still applies traits from how the games play out North is clearly later on in the game hence why the Snowy area is there sno/ice based locations tend to come into play later on in Pokemon games.



Xxain said:
its pitiful that Level 5 is closer to delivering the Pokemon game that we have been waiting for than the actual Pokemon game.

Are you talking about Yokai Watch 4?



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Wyrdness said:

Read the post above you it's turned the region upside down, it maintains the usual trait in the games where you start off somewhere in the South, because UK most of the major locations are in the South they've flipped the map.

That does make more sense, but still leaves pretty big geographical inconsistencies. Why are their huge snowy mountains between London and Manchester/Liverpool for instance?

Yeah none of this makes any sense. I loved how faithful they were with previous regions, such as that desert in the middle of Manhattan.



mZuzek said:
shikamaru317 said:

That does make more sense, but still leaves pretty big geographical inconsistencies. Why are their huge snowy mountains between London and Manchester/Liverpool for instance?

Yeah none of this makes any sense. I loved how faithful they were with previous regions, such as that desert in the middle of Manhattan.

Don't remind me. That is one of the reasons why Unova is so hated by many Pokemon fans, basing it geographically on a city instead of something much larger like a country or a large US state. Unova should have been based on New York state as a whole, instead of just New York City and Jersey City, and there should never have been a desert. 



leedlelee said:
The game looks promising so far...
The starters aren't my favorites from the whole series but that's not to say they look bad (though Scorbunny does look like fan art)...
Galar looks as though it's going to be very linear, but it's too early to make such a conclusion...

Zoom in more on the map. From what I can see after reaching the Machinery looking town, I can see 5 different ways to go



Pocky Lover Boy! 

spemanig said:
I mean, a least the Sinnoh remakes will look pretty.

Seriously though, Gamefreak needs to learn what the second analog stick is. Kids are playing Fortnite and Minecraft. This isn't the 90s. Children aren't having trouble wrapping their heads around 3D anymore.

Well, you know why they don't do it, of course. Having a second analog stick means more work on them and it means they'll have to actually expand their knowledge of game development. Since this is Game Freak we're talking about, well.

As for remakes... I'm not sure they'll keep on doing them, but then again, with the influx of generation 4 kids on the internet, I guess even those have become beloved classics (ewww) that could warrant a remake. If they do keep coming, then I'm happy Unova and Kalos remakes will look even better than this, those games were awesome (then again OR/AS was garbage so I'm concerned about them screwing up more of these).



Honest Let's Go looks better.