By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshi's Crafted World - Demo Impressions

Here are my impressions to yesterday's demo release. What are yours? Overall I'm really digging this demo, it shows the new gameplay mechanics effectively and they are all fun and welcome changes or expansions on the mechanics of Whooly World. Including the 360 degree surroundings into the gameplay feels fresh and makes the 2D platforming much more 3D. Also the fact that levels have different layers to walk into. Collectables seem to have been cut back a bit and that feels more tight and focused compared to Whooly World. Controls also feel tighter than the previous title, although I didnt have any complaints before either. Graphics are really cute and beautiful and work really well, I just want to see all the rest of the worlds and enjoy them. Handheld though was a bit blurry, seems like row resolution. Hopefully that will be fixed for the main release.



Around the Network

Loved it, demo left me wanting more!



Give me all that goodness and cuteness ! It was an excellent demo, I liked roaming in the city in a 360 degree perspective. I expect the interactions with the background layer to get really wacky by the end of the game ...



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Played it with my five year old. She loves Yoshi's Woolly World and this game plays very similarly. They improved the egg shot mechanic by allowing you to aim the cursor manually, which is nice. The exploration is cool because there is depth to the levels, so you can interact with elements in the foreground and background. Hidden items everywhere. Looking forward to the full release.



Agree wholeheartedly with RaptorChrist on the Egg Throwing mechanic. It brings more liveliness to the gameplay. The overall aesthetic is just perfect for those who've had a bad day or are going through a rough patch. No wonder the developer is called Good-Feel. ^^



Around the Network

This really looks like it will be the best Yoshi game since Super Mario World 2 and one of the better 2D platformers Nintendo's made in recent years.



Played it with my five year old daughter and she loved it. The graphics (docked) were beautiful. Im actually looking forward to playing through it with her.



Love it. I want more. Can't wait to get my hands on it.



Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Asus PG27UQ gaming on 3840 x 2160 @120 Hz GSYNC HDR| HTC Vive Pro :3

Reached PC master race level.

h2ohno said:
This really looks like it will be the best Yoshi game since Super Mario World 2 and one of the better 2D platformers Nintendo's made in recent years.

DKC Tropical Freeze says hi.



RaptorChrist said:
Played it with my five year old. She loves Yoshi's Woolly World and this game plays very similarly. They improved the egg shot mechanic by allowing you to aim the cursor manually, which is nice. The exploration is cool because there is depth to the levels, so you can interact with elements in the foreground and background. Hidden items everywhere. Looking forward to the full release.
Yes that's what I like about it too, I think this kind of exploration works a tad better than the secrets in Whooly World. It feels more like a whole world that you explore.

 

CaptainExplosion said:

Agree wholeheartedly with RaptorChrist on the Egg Throwing mechanic. It brings more liveliness to the gameplay. The overall aesthetic is just perfect for those who've had a bad day or are going through a rough patch. No wonder the developer is called Good-Feel. ^^

Hehe I didnt know they are called like that, good name yes!  

Peh said:
Love it. I want more. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
Me too! After the demo I'm now sure I will pick it up day 1