Out of 10, of course and why
I'll put in my thoughts once I get some time
Alright, now that I got some time to think it through and let the hype settle down.. I'll give this a solid 9.5/10
Rather than marking it down by what is not shown, like Animal Crossing, Pokemon, etc. I like to judge what is shown, and this time so many games seem to interest me. Nintendo Directs tend to show and update on things that are already announced, but they began to shift towards revealing a lot of new things which is really nice, especially for what was shown today. Glad that Fire Emblem didn't take up like 15 mins of the Direct, and there wasn't really any points in the Direct where I wanted to skip. Obviously this is all personal opinion, but my highlights are below:
- Mario Maker 2 - looks like a true sequel to Mario Maker, and I'm really glad they did this rather than going for a lazy port and selling it at full price. There are so many new additions to this game, with new monsters, interactions and the like. Most importantly, slopes! I just hope they have a better searching system than the original version.
- Astral Chain - Wow, it looks really fun and I like the design. People on board for development seems great too, so I have high hopes for this one. Definitely will consider picking up this game later on.
- Rune Factory 5 - YES. The dream is not dead. Day 1 for me
- Link's Awakening - This game really caught me off guard. After rewatching it, the style really grows on you and it is a really neat idea to go with this type of style. I won't be getting this game because I already beat it on Virtual Console, but it looks great nonetheless
- Oninaki - More Square Enix love, which is great. Looks interesting but I definitely need to see more first
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 - Finally get a launch date for this game. I skipped the first game because this game was already in development, so I'll definitely get this Day 1
- Dragon Quest XI S - Took them long enough but it's great to see how it's coming along and I welcome the new features for this version
- FE 3 Houses - Still not sold on the game, but the complexity for customization looks neat. Plus, I really like FE so I'll probably get it eventually :p
- Captain Toad - The DLC doesn't really interest me, but the option for mutliplayer makes it really nice and worth consideration when you already beat the original on Wii U
Actually, the ports didn't really interest me, but I'm glad to see the Switch get so much 3rd party support for games, even if they look like PS2 graphics
NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]
Here lies the hidden threads.