By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I need a USB splitter.

I want to use my PS4 controller, wired, on both my PC and PS4 at the same time.  I know I can use bluetooth on one, and USB for the other, but the blue tooth connection isn't as good, and I get dropped inputs. Anyone know a solution that will work?



Around the Network

Buy a second controller?

When i use the DS4 on PC i simply connect it via USB. Its automatically disconnected by the PS4.



Hunting Season is done...

Do they even make something like that? The only split USBs I know of are those annoying Y-Cables that Nintendo forced Wii U owners to buy if they wanted to use a non-powered external hard drive.



Zoombael said:
Buy a second controller?

When i use the DS4 on PC i simply connect it via USB. Its automatically disconnected by the PS4.

I have 5 PS4 controllers.  I need to use a single controller at the same time on both devices with no variations in input or lag.



Burning Typhoon said:
Zoombael said:
Buy a second controller?

When i use the DS4 on PC i simply connect it via USB. Its automatically disconnected by the PS4.

I have 5 PS4 controllers.  I need to use a single controller at the same time on both devices with no variations in input or lag.

That seems impossible due to how the same game on different systems tend to have different input delay.
Or is that what you want to test, by comparing the PS4 version of a game to the PC version?

Last edited by Hiku - on 07 February 2019

Around the Network
Burning Typhoon said:
Zoombael said:
Buy a second controller?

When i use the DS4 on PC i simply connect it via USB. Its automatically disconnected by the PS4.

I have 5 PS4 controllers.  I need to use a single controller at the same time on both devices with no variations in input or lag.

I'm offering zero help but I'm curious. What are you trying to do? Play two different versions of the same game for a comparison?



Twitter: @d21lewis

Burning Typhoon said:

I want to use my PS4 controller, wired, on both my PC and PS4 at the same time.  I know I can use bluetooth on one, and USB for the other, but the blue tooth connection isn't as good, and I get dropped inputs. Anyone know a solution that will work?

Contact this guy.  It costs ~$200 (shipping included) but it should work....mostly.  DS4 specific functions (touch pad, etc...) may not work on PC too well.

sales@huintech.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDi9eJCwAhQ

 

The only problem is that input lag may eventually become a problem and they will need to be resynced.  I'm not sure how long it would take before they lose sync.  Might be a few minutes, might be a few days.  All depends on signaling.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Hiku said:
Burning Typhoon said:

I have 5 PS4 controllers.  I need to use a single controller at the same time on both devices with no variations in input or lag.

That seems impossible due to how the same game on different systems tend to have different input delay.
Or is that what you want to test, by comparing the PS4 version of a game to the PC version?

That's what I wanted to measure.  I can already do this by connecting the controller to usb on PC, and blue tooth on PS4, but I've discovered blue tooth to drop inputs, so I try not to use the controller wirelessly anymore.



I know that digital foundry does this to compare console and PC games side by side, by I don't know what they use to do it, sorry.



SpokenTruth said:
Burning Typhoon said:

I want to use my PS4 controller, wired, on both my PC and PS4 at the same time.  I know I can use bluetooth on one, and USB for the other, but the blue tooth connection isn't as good, and I get dropped inputs. Anyone know a solution that will work?

Contact this guy.  It costs ~$200 (shipping included) but it should work....mostly.  DS4 specific functions (touch pad, etc...) may not work on PC too well.

sales@huintech.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDi9eJCwAhQ

 

The only problem is that input lag may eventually become a problem and they will need to be resynced.  I'm not sure how long it would take before they lose sync.  Might be a few minutes, might be a few days.  All depends on signaling.

Touch pad functionality actually does work in steam and can be mapped to a number of actions.