Top 10 off the top of my head.
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Kirby Star Allies
These 3 will probably be locked as my top 3 for the console, also my 3 favorite titles of their respective series, all 3 have left a huge, memorable impression on me, displaying the qualities of their franchises at their absolute best, a magical adventure with Mario, every second of it leaving me with a huge smile. A grand, epic open world in Zelda with a ton of fun ways of tackling every element with a lovable cast of characters and a really nice story. And the best celebration and biggest expansion of lore for Kirby, a send off to the RtD style with an ambitious soundtrack that celebrates each main title in a big way and the series' very own Dancing Mad to finish off the adventure.
4. Tales of Vesperia, was a nice replay with the bonus content from the PS3 version, it adds enough to satisfy me but it was already a pretty great Tales of back in the 360, finally got to live the amazing Sword Dancer theme too, so can't complain.
5. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, World of Light, everything I ever wanted from Smash in that mode, almost makes me want to let slide the bad spots in the roster. Amazing Castlevania and Megaman rep tho. Finally got a City Trial remix in Smash.
6. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, been a while since I fully enjoyed an Ubisoft game, but they really put a ton of love into this game, great SRPG and the DK adventure was a great addition too.
8. The Messenger
Some really great indies, Iconoclasts fills that void left in my heart from Mischief Makers, reminds me a lot to its quirkiness and really fun boss fights, just with a more engaging storyline, Messenger is a great blend of platforming challenges and metroid style adventure, really great humor. Celeste is a tight, expertly designed platformer with a really nice message and character development from Madeline.
10. Undertale. After replaying it on the Switch, it still stands as one of my absolute favorites in the genre.
Last edited by ARamdomGamer - on 02 February 2019