(note: all of those numbers are retail only)
- In 2017, they announced their pretty high objective of reaching two millions units sold by the end of 2018. They reached it and even surpassed it by a little bit, by selling 2.04 millions at the end of December. 1.13 millions of that number comes from 2018, versus 911k in 2017.
- They had holiday sales comparable to those of the Wii, with weeks that sold in the hundreds of thousands.
- 3DS sold 254k in 2018, versus 507k in 2017, for a grand total of 5.5 millions LTD.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the third best selling game of 2018 all platforms combined at retail. The ranking is Fifa 19 > RDR2 > MK8DX. It sold 1.2 millions LTD, with 700k of that in 2018 (so higher than in 2017). (note: it's a similar performance as in UK where MK8DX sold more in its second year than in its first)
- Super Mario Party is the fifth best selling game of 2018 all platforms combined at retail. Pokémon is seventh, Super Mario Odyssey eight and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate ninth. All of those titles sold more than 400k LTD.
- They're expecting to sell even more units this year than in 2018.