Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Note Mistaken for School Shooting Warning -_-

I'm not kidding, it's real. Allegedly.

Idiots. -_-



Around the Network

Wow, that must have beeen either akward or hilarious for the people who actually knew what the logo meant.



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Wow, that must have beeen either akward or hilarious for the people who actually knew what the logo meant.

All because of how stupid some people are. -_-



Yeah, it reminds me of that: https://youtu.be/AfTzwtOX87o



"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

"And apparently, some mistook this as a warning about a shooting. Eventually, it was deduced that the note had nothing to do with a school shooting treat, and was simply someone excited to not play as Waluigi in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate"

 

It was worth it just for that piece of the article.



Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Yeah, it reminds me of that: https://youtu.be/AfTzwtOX87o
Stuart23 said:

"And apparently, some mistook this as a warning about a shooting. Eventually, it was deduced that the note had nothing to do with a school shooting treat, and was simply someone excited to not play as Waluigi in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate"

 

It was worth it just for that piece of the article.

So many fucking idiots. -_-



I feel like this shouldn't need to be said, but there is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. Not everyone is a gamer and many are gonna hear about Smash bros. for the first time. Especially kids. In the climate of school shootings, risking lives of children and oneself over something you have no knowledge over is not worth it. The people in that situation did the responsible thing in that situation.



Dravenet7 said:
I feel like this shouldn't need to be said, but there is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. Not everyone is a gamer and many are gonna hear about Smash bros. for the first time. Especially kids. In the climate of school shootings, risking lives of children and oneself over something you have no knowledge over is not worth it. The people in that situation did the responsible thing in that situation.

But it's like they'd think a kid was on drugs just because he drew the Super Mushroom from Super Mario Bros. -_-



Even if it had been a school shooting, its ok. He would have missed...

Every.

Single.

Shot.



The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Currently playing Skryim modded to hell and back. 

https://www.ultimateskyrim.com/

CaptainExplosion said:

But it's like they'd think a kid was on drugs just because he drew the Super Mushroom from Super Mario Bros. -_-

Very frankly you shouldn't be calling others idiots and making statements such as this. They made a decision based on lack of information which was ultimately the best option in a potentially high risk situation.

Looking at the article and the letter in it, clearly a bunch of children did not know what it was and assumed it was a shooter. Probably due to the logo looking close to a cross-hair. I don't know how you think your analogy even works, but your spending your time calling a bunch of kids that don't know about of video game, idiots and randomly bring up a rather dull comparison to drugs and Mario. One is a potential life and death scenario that takes immediate decision making, the other isn't. This doesn't make sense in the slightest and doesn't actually move any conversation forward other than calling kids idiots. Sometimes I genuinely can't take this place seriously.