By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Devs Do You Wanna See Try Which Franchises?

A follow-up to this.

I'd like to see the team at Ubisoft Toronto that did Starlink: Battle for Atlas make a Star Fox game, because they've already proven themselves competent at making a space combat game.

This one is kinda obvious, but I really, really, REALLY wanna see Shin'en Multimedia do F-Zero, as they've shown what they can do with futuristic racing in the FAST Racing games. To not do so would be a wasted opportunity for both them AND Nintendo.

What developers would you like to see work on which gaming franchises? :)



Around the Network

A Star Wars game by Rockstar North. That would just be.... ridiculously awesome!

A Final Fantasy game my Mistwalker. It would be the first real FF since Sakaguchi left Square.

A Lord of the Rings game by Omega Force. LOTR Musou sounds great!



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

The main thing I really want to see is the Assassin Creed team make a Zelda game.



     

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Ka-pi96 said:
A Star Wars game by Rockstar North. That would just be.... ridiculously awesome!

A Final Fantasy game my Mistwalker. It would be the first real FF since Sakaguchi left Square.

A Lord of the Rings game by Omega Force. LOTR Musou sounds great!

Never heard of Mistwalker.

cycycychris said:
The main thing I really want to see is the Assassin Creed team make a Zelda game.

Provided they don't give us a game where Link's skin keeps disappearing, or floating above nothing in the middle of the ocean.



The main thing I really want to see is the Zelda team make an Assassin Creed game.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

I'd like to see the team at Ubisoft Toronto that did Starlink: Battle for Atlas make a Star Fox game, because they've already proven themselves competent at making a space combat game.

No.

CaptainExplosion said:

This one is kinda obvious, but I really, really, REALLY wanna see Shin'en Multimedia do F-Zero, as they've shown what they can do with futuristic racing in the FAST Racing games. To not do so would be a wasted opportunity for both them AND Nintendo.

Also no.

 

I really want both F-Zero and Star Fox to have awesome new games, and these two are probably the most prominent Nintendo franchises with an uncertain future, but those are not the right choices. Starlink does nothing a Star Fox game must do well at all - it has none of the high-octane action a Star Fox game should, it has quite awful controls (and not even as an excuse for a gimmick like in SFZ, they're just bad on their own), and the combat is incredibly basic and more level-based than skill-based. It's as good as an antithesis to Star Fox, honestly.

Besides, when it came to handling the IP, they just gave every character incredibly cliche lines, and even some out of character moments like the unbelievably cringy "Yes! Fox one, bad guy zero!". The characters weren't bad for the most part, but when they weren't, they were only okay - except for Wolf, of course. His portrayal here was so extremely edgy, I hated it. It's probably the worst portrayal of Wolf I've seen yet, and that's saying something.

Shin'en, comparatively, is fine. But they shouldn't be doing F-Zero anyway. Fast Racing Neo is just what the title suggests: a fast, generic futuristic racing game. And very generic at that. It's quite average honestly... It's fun, sure, but it has no personality, all the tracks are bland as is the music, and ultimately it just doesn't have any lasting appeal. It's nothing like F-Zero because F-Zero has LOADS of personality and character. So, no to them as well.



CaptainExplosion said:
Ka-pi96 said:
A Star Wars game by Rockstar North. That would just be.... ridiculously awesome!

A Final Fantasy game my Mistwalker. It would be the first real FF since Sakaguchi left Square.

A Lord of the Rings game by Omega Force. LOTR Musou sounds great!

Never heard of Mistwalker.

They're the studio that Sakaguchi founded after leaving Square. Seems they only do crappy mobile games these days. But they were responsible for the greatest JRPG on the Xbox 360 too in Lost Odyssey. It should have been called FF13 really, but unfortunately Square kept the rights to that name.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Jumpin said:
The main thing I really want to see is the Zelda team make an Assassin Creed game.

If this is gonna be a running gag it's not very funny.

I'd like to see Rockstar North work on a Final Fight game, but only if they keep it from being like Final Fight Streetwise.



CaptainExplosion said:
Jumpin said:
The main thing I really want to see is the Zelda team make an Assassin Creed game.

If this is gonna be a running gag it's not very funny.

I'd like to see Rockstar North work on a Final Fight game, but only if they keep it from being like Final Fight Streetwise.

I'd rather see them do Final Fantasy. Especially since Square apparently wants to make the series about driving a car now.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I'd like to see From Software tackle the Demon's Souls franchise.