amazing what RDR2 achieved in this 8 days, will be interesting what this game can reach in lifetime sales
Following its opening weekend where it broke entertainment history records, Red Dead Redemption 2 continues its meteoric rise with a total of 17 million units sold worldwide.
With 17 million units sold to date, Red Dead Redemption 2 has sold more copies in its first 8 days than the original Red Dead Redemption sold in its first 8 years.
Take-Two Interactive shared additional tidbits in its latest financial results, with a look at some of the records set by Red Dead Redemption 2:
- Biggest opening weekend in retail sell-through across all entertainment releases (over $725 million);
- Second biggest launch (three days) in retail sell-through across all entertainment releases (next to Grand Theft Auto V);
- Biggest entertainment launch of 2018;
- Most pre-ordered full game ever on PlayStation Network;
- Biggest day one full game sales ever on PlayStation Network;
- Biggest first three days full game sales ever on PlayStation Network.