Forums - Gaming Discussion - The things I do for rockstar games.

For GTA4 at the age of 17, I got a bus ride to a town 20+ miles from mine so i could pick up the last two copies for me and a mate after spending hours calling around on release day. What a disappointment for all that effort.

IIn 2010, I didn't know RDR would be so good and hook me so thourally but I skipped out on life for about a week after it's release.

2013, GTA 5, I didn't think I'd buy it after years of not gaming yet I ended up buying it on 4 different platforms for a total of five copies (one digital). 350 euro on that one at least. Also, it caused me hefty trouble from skipping obligations which hassled me for weeks after. 

And here we are, 2018 and for some reason only tethering from my 4g phone will give me any speed with PSN as opposed to near still speeds on BB (or at least the download on RDR2. Same happened with GoW, Spiderman and Detroit) I've spent the last two days watching the estimates and at the best I got 60+ hour's estimated (and with less than 48 hours now til release, that is unacceptable) until I found a spot two hours ago where I got an 8 hour estimate... well, until I step away from my phone that is, as long as I keep it in my hand, in this particular spot I'm getting normal speeds on the download and no, propping it on things doesn't work. So, I'm laying here in the guest room of my family house, phone in hand at 3am and 6 hours on the download timer, making the best of this oppertunity. God forbid I have to go and buy a physical copy friday because the download stalls or returns to the 99+ hour estimates. 

Wish me luck with the all nighter, holding this increasingly hot phone. Cancer for RDR2? You betcha! 

Fucking Rockstar games, man. 

Last edited by John2290 - on 23 October 2018

 

China Numba wan!!

Around the Network

yeah pre-ordered it last week. Will arrive friday when I get home from work. Knowing my internet will take about an hour tops to download the update.

About it. Done.



Take 2 shareholders appreciate your continued investment. Don't forget to buy all those micro transactions.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Why would you buy the same game five times? Ridiculous.



Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

I won't judge you, but, 5 times? What led you to do so?



Around the Network
GoOnKid said:

Why would you buy the same game five times? Ridiculous.

Bought it for 360 as that was what was available. Then ps3 and later ps4. PC and after my disc drive broke on my OG ps4 again digitally. 

Diogo said:
I won't judge you, but, 5 times? What led you to do so?


 

China Numba wan!!

You are a true fan



Best of luck. Hope the sweet spot you've found doesn't sour.



Chinese food for breakfast

 

COKTOE said:

Best of luck. Hope the sweet spot you've found doesn't sour.

It soured, I tried netflix and it screwed it all up.  I gave up after an hour fiddling with  and resetting things but I left my BB on with 17 hours, Hopefully that gets me a chunk into it before I have to go holding my phone again to night. I wish there was a clear indication of why this happens to big games on PSN and why the connection speed on my end matters to PSN upping me in the bandwidth que or whatever the hell they they use to cut the speeds of paying costumers.

It is bery clear now that a tiny boost in signal can up PSN downloads speeds 100 fold while only boosting my actual speed a miniscule ammount. Netflix still does HD, Youtube VR still does 4k speeds down... PSN, It seems the difference just above 4k speeds buts you into a higher que while speeds closer to 1440p put you out of the que near entirely. Makes sense to have the fastest first but the fuckers need to fix that scaling and make it smoother.  



 

China Numba wan!!

John2290 said:
COKTOE said:

Best of luck. Hope the sweet spot you've found doesn't sour.

It soured, I tried netflix and it screwed it all up.  I gave up after an hour fiddling with  and resetting things but I left my BB on with 17 hours, Hopefully that gets me a chunk into it before I have to go holding my phone again to night. I wish there was a clear indication of why this happens to big games on PSN and why the connection speed on my end matters to PSN upping me in the bandwidth que or whatever the hell they they use to cut the speeds of paying costumers.

It is bery clear now that a tiny boost in signal can up PSN downloads speeds 100 fold while only boosting my actual speed a miniscule ammount. Netflix still does HD, Youtube VR still does 4k speeds down... PSN, It seems the difference just above 4k speeds buts you into a higher que while speeds closer to 1440p put you out of the que near entirely. Makes sense to have the fastest first but the fuckers need to fix that scaling and make it smoother.  

That's a strange situation. If signal strength is important to your PSN dl's perhaps you should buy an ethernet cable and go wired with the PS4. I went back to wired for both PS3 and PS4 about 18 months ago. Mostly for a tiny boost in performance that I never bothered to try and measure.....*Ahem.



Chinese food for breakfast