I am not sure I understand the strategy of the far left, they are the ones who want Medicare for All the most, but at the same time they are the ones who seem to be the ones who sabotaged any chance of it occurring in the next 25-30 years.
* 2003 to 2012 - The Democrat pushed Medicare for All Bill has had growing support.
* 2012 to Present - In recent years, with increased progressive presence, the number of supporters grew as more left-wingers began to demand it.
* 2012-2016 - Despite efforts from the Obama administration, they were not able to get this through due to too many roadblocks and obstacles.
* 2015-2016 - Far left wingers blame Obama/Hillary for this and throw support behind Bernie Sanders.
* 2016 - Bernie loses the primary to Hillary Clinton. In vengeance, the far left begin movements such as Bernie or Bust and Walk Away in order to sabotage a Democrat victory by lowering the amount voting for Democrats in Swing States.
This would prove a successful tactic as the number of voters who switched to the Green Party alone vastly exceeded the number of votes required for the Democrats to win in several of the swing states - enough that the Democrats would have won the election.
* 2016 - Election, the Bernie or Bust thing is successful, Democrats lose the presidency.
* 2016-2020 - As Supreme Court Justices retire/die, Donald Trump begins implementing those loyal to the Republican party.
*2020-2050 - Even if a socialist government is elected, Medicare for All can be struck down by the right wing supreme court as it will be deemed unconstitutional; it's Republican loyalists who are determining the meaning of the US constitution - effectively giving the Republicans a very long-term veto power.
The problem I see with this whole Bernie-Or-Bust and Walk-Away movement is that the supporters, the far left who did this to protest the fact that the Democrat party is not far left, actually prevented any future potentially far-left party from having any real political power. it was a mass suicide of the movement because "No Bernie!" The Justices Trump's putting in might hold office for up to 40 years - since it is a lifetime appointment.
The irony is that the so-called Centrist Hillary supporters have nothing to worry about, if they're interested in private insurance based healthcare, and not having medicare for all - no problem for them. Those who ARE right wing, 10 years from now when they get their (hypothetical) President Alexandria Ocasio Cortez who leads both House and Senate, she won't be able to do a thing, because every leftist piece of legislature passed will get struck down by the Republican Supreme Court.
Am I missing something, or is the American "far left" Bernie-guys really THAT foolish/politically suicidal?
As a note, I say "far left" but they aren't really, this is only relative to American politics (which are a little mixed up, IMO =P).
I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.