Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Party (Switch) - Metacritic: 77 (47 critics) - Opencritic: 79 (38 critics)

Super Mario Party was the highest reviewed since the original, see the critics below:

Metacritic:

Opencritic:

 

Some Reviews:

 

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pu9t5AL1Ss&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by Shikamo - on 06 October 2018

     


(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Seems like a solid entry. Good stuff. 4 boards makes me think they'll be going the DLC route. Hope it's not too exploitative if that's the case.



i was expecting 75. Just seems to have so much against it. No pro controller support. 4 boards. Semi online. No handheld support on a console thats a handheld. 78 seems too high for me.



NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
i was expecting 75. Just seems to have so much against it. No pro controller support. 4 boards. Semi online. No handheld support on a console thats a handheld. 78 seems too high for me.

No handheld support?



The third original Switch exclusive from Nintendo below the 80 in 2018 and Pokemon Casual Version might be the fourth. Not only a lacklustre year in content, but also in quality it seems.



Around the Network

Sounds like a solid entry in this long-running series.

Checked out IGN's review to find out what their problem with the controllers is. Super Mario Party is single Joy-Con only (so same chance for everyone) and uses motion controls and HD rumble in some of the minigames (no surprise in a party game, also the reason why the only control option is a single Joy-Con).



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

HintHRO said:
The third original Switch exclusive below the 80 in 2018 and Pokemon Casual Version might be the fourth. Not only a lacklustre year in content, but also in quality it seems.

Have you ever seen a MC score of other Mario Party games? Sit down.




HintHRO said:
The third original Switch exclusive below the 80 in 2018 and Pokemon Casual Version might be the fourth. Not only a lacklustre year in content, but also in quality it seems.

To be fair, the only Mario Party to have a score of 80 is Mario Party e+ (the e-Reader one of all things).

I still had fun with the Gamecube ones and the DS/3DS ones even if they received a mediocre reception. It's not really the type of game where reviews matter. Either you enjoy it or you don't.



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
i was expecting 75. Just seems to have so much against it. No pro controller support. 4 boards. Semi online. No handheld support on a console thats a handheld. 78 seems too high for me.

No handheld support?

Supports Tabletop, so i don't know if counts



     


(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

i want to get this game and enjoy the hell out of it, but the list of pros/cons is next to impossible to sift through. on one hand it is a return to form MP game with minigames focused on skill instead of luck with the largest cast of playable characters in a MP game. but on the other hand the boards are ridiculously small and there are only four of them while none of the extra modes are working at their full potential, and board game mode now has a max turn limit of 20.