Here's the details about it
- You can have one primary console at a time for your Nintendo Account.
- The first Nintendo Switch console you use to connect to Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch will become your primary console.
- While using the primary console, any user account on the console can play the downloadable content you have purchased.
- While using the primary console, you do not need to have an active Internet connection while playing downloadable software.
- An Internet connection is still required to use online features or games which require a subscription service.
- You can change which Nintendo Switch console is your primary console but you must first deactivate the current primary console.
- A Nintendo Account can be linked to Nintendo Switch consoles that are not designated as the primary console, however, some functionality differs from when a Nintendo Account is used on a primary console.
- While using a non-primary console, you can still use the Nintendo Account to access the Nintendo eShop, purchase and download software, and under certain conditions, play your downloadable software.
- While using a non-primary console, you must have an active Internet connection to play downloadable content.
- If you lose your Internet connection while playing downloadable content on a non-primary console, your game will pause after a certain amount of time; however, once you connect online again, you will be able to resume from the point you left off.
- While using a non-primary console, downloadable content can only be started by the user that purchased the content.
- When using downloadable software on a non-primary console, your game will pause if your Nintendo Account is used to access downloadable software on any other Nintendo Switch console.