Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spiderman Creative Director, Bryan Intihar has a message for those complaining about Spiderman exclusivity.

Says It 'Would Not Exist if It Wasn't for PlayStation'

"This game would not exist if it wasn't for PlayStation, if not for their support," Intihar stated. "Any time I wanted to do something, and I wanted to make some drastic change, it was just like, 'Okay'. I never heard about anything. It was just like, 'Go do it.' The question was, 'Is it gonna make the game better?' and I'd say, 'Yep', and they'd go, 'Okay', and that would be the last time I'd hear about it."

"So many people want to talk about Marvel and Insomniac - which is awesome... But I owe everything to PlayStation".

 

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/09/creative_director_of_spider-man_ps4_says_it_would_not_exist_if_it_wasnt_for_playstation



Around the Network

This is why Sony and PlayStation are the best. They’re an extremely hands-off publisher, and their games are of the highest quality because they don’t force their studios to do constant rehashes of the same franchises, and give their developers full creative freedom when they do choose to work on established franchises. No rushing, no hanging heads over shoulders, just constantly striving to be better and produce games that people love.



0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Thats awesome,but kinda funny that Sony gets praised for ''it wouldnt exist without playstation'' but when Nintendo made Bayo exclusive because 2 and 3 wouldnt exist without Nintendo, its trashed and looked down on, huh.

Either way, this is a good thing at the end of the day, high quality game for us. I gotta get back on it, my backlog between Spider-Man,DQXI is backing up quickly.



NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

BoseDK said:

"Any time I wanted to do something, and I wanted to make some drastic change, it was just like, 'Okay'. I never heard about anything. It was just like, 'Go do it.' The question was, 'Is it gonna make the game better?' and I'd say, 'Yep', and they'd go, 'Okay', and that would be the last time I'd hear about it."

"So many people want to talk about Marvel and Insomniac - which is awesome... But I owe everything to PlayStation".

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/09/creative_director_of_spider-man_ps4_says_it_would_not_exist_if_it_wasnt_for_playstation

Good guy Sony.

So often you hear devs say how easy it is to work with sony, that you must logically ask the question "why isnt it like that everywhere else?".
Giveing developers the freedom to make their games the way they want it, obviously results in better games.



This is nice and all, but how often do you hear a developer complain about the companies supporting their work? People generally don't want to bite the hand that feeds them. I don't generally hear people complaining about Microsoft or Nintendo micromanaging them.

Regardless, it obviously is good of any company to let the people working for them, or working on their behalf, have the freedom to do a good job.



Around the Network

Like I've stated before. These guys better get the job to make a Superman game or other Marvel properties. Mainly the one I'd want is Superman though, so many years have passed and this character has never had an actually really good game like Spider-Man and Batman have had. Superman deserves one big epic game



NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
Thats awesome,but kinda funny that Sony gets praised for ''it wouldnt exist without playstation'' but when Nintendo made Bayo exclusive because 2 and 3 wouldnt exist without Nintendo, its trashed and looked down on, huh.

Either way, this is a good thing at the end of the day, high quality game for us. I gotta get back on it, my backlog between Spider-Man,DQXI is backing up quickly.

Outside a handful of raging fanboys, no one criticized Nintendo after Kamiya's clarification. You're mixing up Nintendo with the idiots at Sega.



VAMatt said:
This is nice and all, but how often do you hear a developer complain about the companies supporting their work? People generally don't want to bite the hand that feeds them. I don't generally hear people complaining about Microsoft or Nintendo micromanaging them.

Regardless, it obviously is good of any company to let the people working for them, or working on their behalf, have the freedom to do a good job.

Last time a developer spoke about MS he said and I quote: “Those shits at MS… are they fucking with me…?”That was Kamiya over a year before Scalebound got cancelled.

While you're right that devs don't often come out and say negative things about their publishers, it's also a fact that don't go out of their way to praise how much freedom and support they're getting either. This seems to happen with Sony time and agin though. Kojima has said it several times. Naughty Dog has said it. Guerrilla Games has said it. And it's not just words we can see it in the games being made. 

Hell even the heads of studios Sony has closed have had this same sentiment:

Sony First Party Studios Are Masters of Their Own Destiny, Says Former Sony Dev: https://gamingbolt.com/sony-first-party-studios-are-masters-of-their-own-destiny-says-former-sony-dev

Even the studios Sony shut down agree that they were supported in every way possible and their downfall was their own doing. That's not something I've seen regarding any other publisher.



PwerlvlAmy said:
Like I've stated before. These guys better get the job to make a Superman game or other Marvel properties. Mainly the one I'd want is Superman though, so many years have passed and this character has never had an actually really good game like Spider-Man and Batman have had. Superman deserves one big epic game

You forgot the best game of all time



"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Yes, and I'm sure cars would not exist if it wasn't for Henry Ford. I hate that stupid argument. If something does not exist, it's only a matter of time before it does if there is enough demand.

There is no excuse for exclusivity, just plain old money reasons.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.