So, I'm about twenty hours into MH Generations Ultimate, and loving it. IMO it is better than World, because it is so much more complex.
- You have to choose between light and heavy versions of the same armor set. Light versions offer more skills and elemental defense.
- You have to choose a fighting style. This determines what moves you can do with your weapon.
- You have to choose your Arts. Arts are special moves that you can do after building a meter.
- You have to choose whether to make your Arts SP arts or normal arts. SP Arts buff your team, but cost more meter.
- You are given a hefty choice of decoration options from early on. World makes you wait until halfway through the game for many decorations.
- Way more monsters. Way, way, way, more monsters!
- An Aerial style to help make mounting monsters easier.
- GreatSwords aren't nearly as slow in this game.
- A ton of weapons. There are three starting weapons per weapon choice. They branch out from there. World only has two starting choices per weapon style.
- No, boring monotonous story missions. I'm looking at you VolcanoBossGuy.
- Palicos have way more skills. Building a Palico is just as complicated as building your hunter.
- Being able to use your Palico as a playable character when hunting. Yeah, you can run around as a cat in Prowler mode!
- More environments. Like, four times more!
- No load times. Generations has 2-3 second load times per area.
- Better Graphics
- Better inventory management.
- Environmental traps.
- Special missions that give you better drop rates, but are more challenging.
- Easier to tell where to farm for things.
- Fireflies tell you where to go, and where the monster is.
- Better Hunting book to tell you what monster parts can be broken off.
- Voicechat. (MHGU only has keyboard support.)
- Monsters that go through lengthy attack patters where the players just have to sit and wait for the monster to end its attack pattern. This is non-interactive and annoying.
- Monsters won't stop flying. Monsters are always in the air, and even with flashbugs they fly so much that you mostly just wait around for them to land.
- Sonic Grenades are useless unless fighting one specific monster.
- Ridiculous hitboxes that make zero sense.
- Taking damage and flinching if a monster so much as pokes you with its pinky finger. All monster actions are attacks. Even walking!
- No Gems until halfway through the game. This is just annoying. I want my earplugs now, not 40 hours in!
- Fighting two monsters at once. Screw that Rathian/Rathalos fight!
- Completely OP armor sets during the late game, that are too good not to use. Everybody just has the same three armor sets late game.
- Weak, and useless armor sets for the early game.
- It takes a metric ton of Armor Spheres to upgrade your armor.
- Recycled monsters and hunts.
The sentence below is false.
The sentence above is true.
Currently playing Skryim modded to hell and back.