Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So can we finally put this to rest?

With all of the characters shown at E3 and all the info revealed in today's direct, can we FINALLY agree that this is not a WiiU port and Smash Ultimate is actually Smash 5?

 

I mean come on, what more do we need to classify this as a new entry to the franchise?



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Around the Network

I would think it's not even a question at this point.
There's still that blurred out mode that they would not even show us as well.

Plus who knows how many more characters are going to appear before it launches.



It had already been resting since forever, some dumb people were just beating a dead horse.



ninjapirate42 said:
I would think it's not even a question at this point.
There's still that blurred out mode that they would not even show us as well.

It's called "Spirits", by the way. 

Edit: I guess the trend of characters dying in the trailers isn't just for show.



It now has seemingly everything you'd expect from a new Smash, including a focus on new characters and stages. (And we'll probably get some more before release.)
I also learned that at least the rendering engine is brand new.

So I don't think the reasoning behind 4.5 has any weight to it at this point, no matter how you look at it.

Last edited by Hiku - on 08 August 2018

Around the Network

Yup, was waiting for it to officially separate itself and it has. Always knew it eventually would.



mZuzek said:
ninjapirate42 said:
I would think it's not even a question at this point.
There's still that blurred out mode that they would not even show us as well.

It's called "Spirits", by the way. 

Edit: I guess the trend of characters dying in the trailers isn't just for show.

We don't know the full name yet, but I think it might be kind of a mixture between Classic/Adventure/Story modes

And to answer the OP, there was not much to question in it's authenticity as a brand new Smash game. It was aanounced as Smash 5, then it is.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

mZuzek said:
It had already been resting since forever, some dumb people were just beating a dead horse.

I know, but I have seen people here and other site still making the claim, and it always annoyed me.  I could not resist serving up some crow and bringing it up.  =P



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Shiken said:
mZuzek said:
It had already been resting since forever, some dumb people were just beating a dead horse.

I know, but I have seen people here and other site still making the claim, and it always annoyed me.  I could not resist serving up some crow and bringing it up.  =P

Eh, pretty petty if you ask me. But your fun is your fun. We've all had our moments.



bigtakilla said:
Shiken said:

I know, but I have seen people here and other site still making the claim, and it always annoyed me.  I could not resist serving up some crow and bringing it up.  =P

Eh, pretty petty if you ask me. But your fun is your fun. We've all had our moments.

Petty?  Nah, just fun as you stated.

 

Besides, I have no problem admitting that I too have been served crow during my time here.  Hell I was on the half of the site that had to have a crow avatar for a month due to a lost bet on the Switch release date.  So nothing personal.  =)



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984