Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Star removed from the walk of fame

https://revistamonet.globo.com/Celebridades/noticia/2018/08/camara-de-hollywood-aprova-retirada-de-estrela-de-trump-da-calcada-da-fama.html

 

With the mayor saying "horcrux destroyed"

I guess it is a good behavior in this case right?

Would Trump retaliate and decide to sky raise taxes for movies or anything that would displease the Hollywood folks in their ivory towers?



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

Good riddance. Wasn't even good for urinating on.



Lol! They should put it in San Francisco. Maybe people will stop shitting on every street and consolidate their grossness. “Brb I gotta take a shit” *heads to trump star*



CaptainExplosion said:

Good riddance. Wasn't even good for urinating on.

This. 

And it's hardly surprising that they don't want an orange man-child who throws temper tantrums on Twitter occupying the space of cherished celebrities. 



You have another source for this?  Because this is what I'm reading:

 

The council will send a formal letter to Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, the Los Angeles City Council and the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to consider removing it.

But, according to a statement from the chamber, it’s unlikely it will act.

“The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a registered historic landmark. Once a star has been added to the Walk, it is considered a part of the historic fabric of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Because of this, we have never removed a star from the Walk,” said Leron Gubler, the organization’s president and CEO.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/07/trumps-star-voted-off-hollywood-walk-of-fame/



Around the Network

He is the president, how can he be disrespected like this? In the past being the President was a position of great respect. Now because half the country doesnt agree with this one, all of a sudden it's ok to bully him and disrespect him like this? Yeah he's a pretty bad president, but so was GWB (and he wasnt treated like this. Bullying isn't right, even if its the president. He's a huge celebrity and obviously belongs there.



pokoko said:

You have another source for this?  Because this is what I'm reading:

 

The council will send a formal letter to Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, the Los Angeles City Council and the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to consider removing it.

But, according to a statement from the chamber, it’s unlikely it will act.

“The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a registered historic landmark. Once a star has been added to the Walk, it is considered a part of the historic fabric of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Because of this, we have never removed a star from the Walk,” said Leron Gubler, the organization’s president and CEO.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/07/trumps-star-voted-off-hollywood-walk-of-fame/

Really hope so.It feels so wrong to do this just because of a political opinion.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

massimus said:
Lol! They should put it in San Francisco. Maybe people will stop shitting on every street and consolidate their grossness. “Brb I gotta take a shit” *heads to trump star*

That would be perfect. We could put all those idiots in prison for public indecency and woudn't have to worry about them voting in the next election. I propose a trump star in every major city now.



DonFerrari said:

https://revistamonet.globo.com/Celebridades/noticia/2018/08/camara-de-hollywood-aprova-retirada-de-estrela-de-trump-da-calcada-da-fama.html

 

With the mayor saying "horcrux destroyed"

I guess it is a good behavior in this case right?

Would Trump retaliate and decide to sky raise taxes for movies or anything that would displease the Hollywood folks in their ivory towers?

I know Trump wishes here were but he's not a king.  How does a president raise taxes on movies?



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:
DonFerrari said:

https://revistamonet.globo.com/Celebridades/noticia/2018/08/camara-de-hollywood-aprova-retirada-de-estrela-de-trump-da-calcada-da-fama.html

 

With the mayor saying "horcrux destroyed"

I guess it is a good behavior in this case right?

Would Trump retaliate and decide to sky raise taxes for movies or anything that would displease the Hollywood folks in their ivory towers?

I know Trump wishes here were but he's not a king.  How does a president raise taxes on movies?

Where there is a will there is a way. He can make some executive orders that will negatively harm the industry.