Forums - Gaming Discussion - No mans sky is absolutely brilliant in 2018. (Addictive as space crack)

No mans Sky in 2018.

Impressed 13 31.71%
 
On the fence still. 8 19.51%
 
Disappointed 9 21.95%
 
Have yet to play 11 26.83%
 
Comments/Indifferent/Middle America... 0 0.00%
 
Total:41
contestgamer said:
im never gonna play this unless its re-released with a 85+ metascore.

You're trying to not be taken seriously, right?



Around the Network

anyone like me here who is married and working fulltime, get the time to spend hours into games like this? i wish the days were longer...



The worse part is you now need Plus or Gold to play which they slipped in under the radar.



I am tempted on getting on ps4. I have been hearing good things about the updates.



KratosLives said:
anyone like me here who is married and working fulltime, get the time to spend hours into games like this? i wish the days were longer...

Quit you or job,divorce your wife and snip your bollachs. All problems in lifed solved quick and simple like.



 

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
I am tempted on getting on ps4. I have been hearing good things about the updates.

The twitch players are keeping it in the top 20 still so steam hopping there is a good way to gauge if you'll be into it as most are into the meat of the game now. If you do end up playing it research which mode would be best to auit you as it can make or break you're experience,for example survival has no souls-borne like graves so you could be hauling massive load and loose it all but normal may be a bit on the easy side for some. Best o luck with it.



 

Honestly, I think it's great that despite the, admittedly deserved, negative reception the game got upon release Hello Games went back and actually fixed many of the problems that people brought up about it. Still, for me personally it's just too little too late. I just don't have the time or the interest to get into No Man's Sky at this point in time. There are just too many other, much more interesting games for me to play.



My Most Recent Articles:

1. Gods and Superheroes: The Story of Clover Studio

2. Video Game Music Spotlight #13: Winter and Cold

3. VGChartz's Top 50 Video Game Composers (5 - 1)

For my non-video game related writings you can check my blog below.

Latest Post: Disney Canon: Dumbo (1941)

Darashiva said:
Honestly, I think it's great that despite the, admittedly deserved, negative reception the game got upon release Hello Games went back and actually fixed many of the problems that people brought up about it. Still, for me personally it's just too little too late. I just don't have the time or the interest to get into No Man's Sky at this point in time. There are just too many other, much more interesting games for me to play.

I feel ya, Same for me in regards of so many games to play, as much as I'm loving it I kinda wish I hadn't went back because I can't stop thinking about it when I'm not playing or trying to play something else. I NEVER return to games if I've plat'd them as a point,I use a platinum as a full stop for a game well played but this has got me in my dopamine centers however I guess gaming is about fun and not managing time to play the next game in line. No mans sky is the perfect example of the journey being better than the destination.



 

Mystro-Sama said:
The worse part is you now need Plus or Gold to play which they slipped in under the radar.

Or more proof it was never and online game to begin with. :P



Hmm, pie.

I do actually have a quick question for any veteran of NMS. I can't get the hang of ship to ship combat, the ship controls are too floaty for me to accurately target enemy ships so I find myself in 5-10 minute dogfights against single ships because I can't ever lock on to them. Any tips? I still have a relative noob ship (B class - 27 slots with minimal boosts to stats). Are there any auto lock weapons that I can just fire in their general direction?

As of right now, this is pretty frustrating for me because there is a main mission that's locked behind getting ship kills :/