Forums - Movies Discussion - Metacritic has a new lowest-scored movie: Death of a Nation (1/100)

Dinesh D'Souza has hit a new low. For those of you who thought that a film couldn't be worse than "Hillary's America", which received a 2/100, Dinesh proves that he is definitely the worst filmmaker in the game right now by releasing "Death of a Nation: Can We Save America a Second Time?", that has a Metascore of 1/100 currently. It also has a score of 0% on Rotten Tomatoes.

It's being distributed by PureFlix, famous for releasing other gems such as "God's not Dead", "God's not Dead 2" and "Do You Believe?".

David Ehrlich, for IndieWire, said: "The meandering and insufferable Death of a Nation is little more than a greatest-hits collection of its creator's favourite neocon conspiracy theories, which frame the Democratic Party for the fascistic tendencies embodied by Donald Trump." (Grade: F)

Owen Gleiberman, for Variety, said: "In Death of a Nation, Dinesh D'Souza is no longer preaching to the choir; he's preaching to the mentally unsound. That's how detached from reality his "philosophy", his armchair rage, and his passionate and consuming desire to be a radical-right shill have become" (0/10)

Last edited by LuccaCardoso1 - on 02 August 2018

G O O D B O I

Around the Network

HOLY SHITTTTTTTTT HAHAHAH

Whoever you are, you have to appreciate that hilarious trailer and poster!!!



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
HOLY SHITTTTTTTTT HAHAHAH

Whoever you are, you have to appreciate that hilarious trailer and poster!!!

PureFlix is always the best at being unintentionally funny



G O O D B O I

Trailer did not disappoint. Lincoln looks like Andy Samberg.



Chinese food for breakfast

 

Well a movie that is full of revisionist history and more then likely has worse acting then most Christian movies really doesn't deserve any better. Plus they guy that made it should have served some jail time for making illegal political contributions.



Around the Network

Of course this score has everything to do with the quality of the movie and not the political leanings of the people reviewing it.

Last edited by melbye - on 02 August 2018

Nothing to see here, move along

melbye said:

Of course this score has everything to do with the quality of the movie and not the political leanings of the people reviewing it.

Yeah sure because 100% of all journalists hate Trump and are dishonest enough to rate a movie based on political views instead of quality. Read one of the reviews, try to read one. You'll find out that the flaws of the movie surpass greatly just supporting Trump.

Ever heard of American Sniper? It's a movie that could very well be considered imperialistic and militaristic propaganda, and it was directed by Clint Eastwood, publicly a Republican. American Sniper has a Metascore of 72.

Ever heard of Elite Squad: The Enemy Within? It's a movie that glamorizes violence and is clearly right-leaning. Metascore: 71.

See how you can make a good movie defending right-oriented ideas? The thing is, Death of a Nation is not a good movie. Watch a PureFlix movie, you'll see how poorly made and poorly written they are. Those movies don't defend ideas with logical arguments, they try to brainwash people.



G O O D B O I

Isn't Dinesh a criminal who got out because of a Trump pardon? Trump releases this crook for this?




OTBWY said:
Isn't Dinesh a criminal who got out because of a Trump pardon? Trump releases this crook for this?

Yup. Trump released him exactly for this. To brainwash people into thinking Trump is a hero. Dinesh made 4 movies: one attacking Obama with little to no proof, one praising the US as the greatest country in the world with little to no proof, one attacking Hillary Clinton with little to no proof and one praising Trump with little to no proof. What else can Trump ask for?



G O O D B O I

LuccaCardoso1 said:
OTBWY said:
Isn't Dinesh a criminal who got out because of a Trump pardon? Trump releases this crook for this?

Yup. Trump released him exactly for this. To brainwash people into thinking Trump is a hero. Dinesh made 4 movies: one attacking Obama with little to no proof, one praising the US as the greatest country in the world with little to no proof, one attacking Hillary Clinton with little to no proof and one praising Trump with little to no proof. What else can Trump ask for?

Your fact-checking skills rival D'Souzas.

D'Souza served jail time under Obama. He finished several years ago. Trump didn't "get him out" of anything. He simply pardoned him after-the-fact so it wouldn't be on his permanent record. It was a mostly meaningless gesture. 

 

LuccaCardoso1 said: 
melbye said: 

Of course this score has everything to do with the quality of the movie and not the political leanings of the people reviewing it.

Ever heard of American Sniper? It's a movie that could very well be considered imperialistic and militaristic propaganda, and it was directed by Clint Eastwood, publicly a Republican. American Sniper has a Metascore of 72.

Ever heard of Elite Squad: The Enemy Within? It's a movie that glamorizes violence and is clearly right-leaning. Metascore: 71.

Those are both fiction. There's a professional expectation that people can't simply review fiction badly because they disagree with the themes of it. 

D'Souzas films are political "documentaries". 

They are, by my reckoning, quite bad documentaries, but the 1% is quite clearly because of extreme political bias. Movie reviewers are almost entirely left-wing people. 

If they were reviewed impartially, they'd probably still get quite bad scores. But 1% is just blatant bias. It's the same kind of thing that lead to the Last Jedi getting 92% from the "professional" reviewers but only 45% from the audience. The reviewers are a group of people who all think alike.

Last edited by the_dark_lewd - on 02 August 2018