By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz Monthly Writers' Thread: August 2018

 

Which August 2018 Game is Most Interesting to You?

WarioWare Gold 0 0%
 
Dead Cells 0 0%
 
Overcooked 2 0 0%
 
Madden NFL 19 0 0%
 
We Happy Few 0 0%
 
Shenmue/Shenmue II 0 0%
 
Guacamelee! 2 3 100.00%
 
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate 0 0%
 
Yakuza Kiwami 2 0 0%
 
Other 0 0%
 
Total:3

Welcome to the August monthly writers' thread!

Here's last month's thread for reference.

In this and subsequent threads, you can:

  • Check out the highlights from the previous month
  • Find upcoming reviews, previews, and articles
  • Pose questions and make recommendations to the writing team
  • Participate in game giveaways
Last edited by Veknoid_Outcast - on 01 August 2018

Around the Network

Highlights from July 2018

Sales Reviews Articles
Vampyr Sells an Estimated 144,558 Units First Week at Retail The Lost Child (NS) Paper Mario Series Analysis: Color Splash (Paint Stains)
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Sells an Estimated 138,244 Units First Week at Retail Super Skull Smash GO! 2 Turbo (PSV) Forgotten Gems #6: ActRaiser
Switch vs PS4 in Japan - VGChartz Gap Charts - May 2018 Update Mario Tennis Aces (NS) 11 Upcoming PlayStation Vita Games to Watch Out for in the Second Half of 2018
State of Decay 2 Sells an Estimated 177,473 Units First Week at Retail The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince (PSV) Comparing the Nintendo Warriors: Fire Emblem vs. Hyrule
Dark Souls: Remastered Sells an Estimated 231,158 Units First Week at Retail Vampyr (PC) Greatest Video Game Composers: Norihiko Hibino
PS4 Sales Top an Estimated 80 Million Units Worldwide Shining Resonance Refrain (NS) A Look at How Well the Vita Works as a Portable PS1
  MUSYNX (NS) Top 10 Most Wanted: 2018 Midterm Edition
  Lego The Incredibles (XOne)  
Last edited by Veknoid_Outcast - on 01 August 2018

Upcoming Reviews

 

  • Blade Strangers (Evan)
  • Death's Gambit (Rex)
  • Little Dragons Cafe (Evan)
  • Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (Ben)
  • Overcooked (Stephen)
  • Shadows: Awakening (Chinh)
  • We Happy Few (Jackson)
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2 (Evan)
  • Seeking Dawn (Chinh)
  • Megaman X Legacy Collection (Chinh)
  • Mothergunship (Chinh)

 


Upcoming Sales

 

  • Monthly Sales for June (Will)

 


Upcoming Articles

 

  • Paper Mario Series Analysis: Sticker Star (Ben)
  • Paper Mario Series Analysis: The Glorious Original (Ben)
  • A Look at How Well Vita Works as a Portable Xbox (Adam)

 

Last edited by Veknoid_Outcast - on 02 August 2018

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Welcome to the August writers' thread. Check out our work from last month and read about upcoming articles and reviews!



Are we going to get an Octopath Traveller review?

Also, I hope Guacamelee 2 lives up to the first one!



Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Are we going to get an Octopath Traveller review?

Also, I hope Guacamelee 2 lives up to the first one!

Nicholas is working on that now, so stay tuned!

I reached out to a PR firm for an early code for Guacamelee! 2 -- hopefully that will come through!



Nice articles. Is anyone going to do a review of SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy when it comes out? I know it's a september game, but still. Also, can someone make a compilation of monthly user reviews too? There are a lot of them that are lost once they go beyond the Latest User Reviews limit.



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I'm going to write the next part of the History of Metal Gear series, and possibly something else as well. Can't say for certain right now what I'll get finished.



My Most Recent Articles:

1. The $70 Lie

2. Video Game Music Spotlight #16: Exploring the World

3. Forgotten Gems #11: Uniracers/Unirally

For my non-video game related writings you can check my blog below.

Latest Post: Disney Canon: Dumbo (1941)

Darwinianevolution said:
Nice articles. Is anyone going to do a review of SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy when it comes out? I know it's a september game, but still. Also, can someone make a compilation of monthly user reviews too? There are a lot of them that are lost once they go beyond the Latest User Reviews limit.

We haven’t yet assigned September games, but stay tuned!

As for user reviews, it’s a good idea. Maybe someone else in the community can tackle that.



Veknoid_Outcast said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Nice articles. Is anyone going to do a review of SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy when it comes out? I know it's a september game, but still. Also, can someone make a compilation of monthly user reviews too? There are a lot of them that are lost once they go beyond the Latest User Reviews limit.

We haven’t yet assigned September games, but stay tuned!

As for user reviews, it’s a good idea. Maybe someone else in the community can tackle that.

I could do that, though it would be somewhat irregular due to some months getting way more user reviews than others.

Also, you people better put my review of Submarine Titans on the highlight once I finish it. ;)



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.