By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony should create or license accesories for Dreams to ease Dreamers in developing dreams.

Cmon Sony. Move is a good accessory but future dreamers needs help like Lebron. You want to help them out create their dreams more efficienly. I think holding a move or dualshock can be too heavy for some people. Maybe you need a Dreams Stylus pen. Dreams licensed Mouse? Or Dreams licensed keyboard with all the hooplas you could find onscreen so you don't have to see them on screen. Just my 2 cents.



If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Around the Network

No

Sounds like a bad idea idea that won't catch on. Just make the game compatible with existing devices like how its supposedly already compatible with guitar hero devices for music making.



I guess those might be an option if the game is as successful as it deserves to be. Right now only the Molecules have the kind of long time experience to tell whether or not the DS/Moves are adequate enough for hours of daily creation in the game or what method might improve work flow. Stylus/Mouse work in 2D, but they did emphasize on having 3D input with DS/Moves quite a bit, so maybe that is an important aspect - it's an open secret Sony is working on new motion controllers, maybe these could be brought to the market if the game catches on (although the main focus is certainly PS5 VR for those).



twintail said:
No

Sounds like a bad idea idea that won't catch on. Just make the game compatible with existing devices like how its supposedly already compatible with guitar hero devices for music making.

I don't know man. Maybe an app for phones but it gets harder from that when you try to create finer details. I think having an accessory made for Dreams is the best way. Even xbox makes controllers for people with disability. I think Sony should also try targeting specific audience even if there's not a lot of profit but the thought is highly appreciated.

 

@Lafiel

You are right that Media Molecule knows what they are doing better than someone like me but if Sony wants Dreams to be a success. I'm telling ya, efficiency is the king. There are too many lazy people in the world including me and I won't be bothered by a game that doesn't love my free time.

Lafiel said:
I guess those might be an option if the game is as successful as it deserves to be. Right now only the Molecules have the kind of long time experience to tell whether or not the DS/Moves are adequate enough for hours of daily creation in the game or what method might improve work flow. Stylus/Mouse work in 2D, but they did emphasize on having 3D input with DS/Moves quite a bit, so maybe that is an important aspect - it's an open secret Sony is working on new motion controllers, maybe these could be brought to the market if the game catches on (although the main focus is certainly PS5 VR for those).

I love 2D games. I hope they do whatever they can to help easing dreams development. If they want Dreams to be their Minecraft or atleast become LBP success, dream making should be easier whether its 2D or 3D. It's a gateway to their very own youtube but for gaming and even animation but content is king for people who aren't into the creating process.

Last edited by kurasakiichimaruALT - on 31 July 2018

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

I think it’s easy enough with the DS4/Moves.



Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaruALT said:
twintail said:
No

Sounds like a bad idea idea that won't catch on. Just make the game compatible with existing devices like how its supposedly already compatible with guitar hero devices for music making.

I don't know man. Maybe an app for phones but it gets harder from that when you try to create finer details. I think having an accessory made for Dreams is the best way. Even xbox makes controllers for people with disability. I think Sony should also try targeting specific audience even if there's not a lot of profit but the thought is highly appreciated.

Looking at the demos with Move it doesn't seem like much of a problem. 

Either way I am not disagreeing with having extra devices that work with the creation process, but rather making Dreams themed peripherals. That is overly expensive and without any idea of how well Dreams is going to be received (if social media and online forums are an indication, the answer is not that well), it would just be a money sink to do so.

Making other devices compatible with Dreams creation is the most logical step, and infinitely cheaper and safer I feel.



twintail said:
kurasakiichimaruALT said:

I don't know man. Maybe an app for phones but it gets harder from that when you try to create finer details. I think having an accessory made for Dreams is the best way. Even xbox makes controllers for people with disability. I think Sony should also try targeting specific audience even if there's not a lot of profit but the thought is highly appreciated.

Looking at the demos with Move it doesn't seem like much of a problem. 

Either way I am not disagreeing with having extra devices that work with the creation process, but rather making Dreams themed peripherals. That is overly expensive and without any idea of how well Dreams is going to be received (if social media and online forums are an indication, the answer is not that well), it would just be a money sink to do so.

Making other devices compatible with Dreams creation is the most logical step, and infinitely cheaper and safer I feel.

I've been sharing Dreams-GIFs on the PS4 subreddit, and there's definitely a huge market for Dreams. My most viewed GIF got 9K upvotes (which is quite a lot on that sub). People seem to get absolutely excited for the game once they actually get what it's about. The beta will be a huge change in the game's perception and awareness.



Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:
twintail said:

Looking at the demos with Move it doesn't seem like much of a problem. 

Either way I am not disagreeing with having extra devices that work with the creation process, but rather making Dreams themed peripherals. That is overly expensive and without any idea of how well Dreams is going to be received (if social media and online forums are an indication, the answer is not that well), it would just be a money sink to do so.

Making other devices compatible with Dreams creation is the most logical step, and infinitely cheaper and safer I feel.

I've been sharing Dreams-GIFs on the PS4 subreddit, and there's definitely a huge market for Dreams. My most viewed GIF got 9K upvotes (which is quite a lot on that sub). People seem to get absolutely excited for the game once they actually get what it's about. The beta will be a huge change in the game's perception and awareness.

Yea, I hope we'll quickly see a lot of games with the quality of that multiplayer hammer game they've shown a few times. Afaik some of the best LBP creators are already involved in the closed alpha and I'm very interested what these guys are/have been working on - guess we'll know once the beta opens.



Tmfwang said:
twintail said:

Looking at the demos with Move it doesn't seem like much of a problem. 

Either way I am not disagreeing with having extra devices that work with the creation process, but rather making Dreams themed peripherals. That is overly expensive and without any idea of how well Dreams is going to be received (if social media and online forums are an indication, the answer is not that well), it would just be a money sink to do so.

Making other devices compatible with Dreams creation is the most logical step, and infinitely cheaper and safer I feel.

I've been sharing Dreams-GIFs on the PS4 subreddit, and there's definitely a huge market for Dreams. My most viewed GIF got 9K upvotes (which is quite a lot on that sub). People seem to get absolutely excited for the game once they actually get what it's about. The beta will be a huge change in the game's perception and awareness.

Its one forum. That kind of interest is barely being shown anywhere else. YT views are middling at best. The beta is important and will definitely be what gets the game attention.

But this game doesn't have the social interest it should have at this time. nowhere near. 



twintail said:
Tmfwang said:

I've been sharing Dreams-GIFs on the PS4 subreddit, and there's definitely a huge market for Dreams. My most viewed GIF got 9K upvotes (which is quite a lot on that sub). People seem to get absolutely excited for the game once they actually get what it's about. The beta will be a huge change in the game's perception and awareness.

Its one forum. That kind of interest is barely being shown anywhere else. YT views are middling at best. The beta is important and will definitely be what gets the game attention.

But this game doesn't have the social interest it should have at this time. nowhere near. 

Their recent livestream got 10 times the views of what was previously their most viewed livestream



Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1