By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which Labo Kit will sell more, the Variety Pack or the Vehicle Pack?

 

I think the lifetime sales winner will be...

The Variety Pack 16 69.57%
 
The Vehicle Pack 7 30.43%
 
Total:23

Which kit do you think will sell more lifetime, and why?

For reference, the Variety Pack currently stands at 490k sales as of June 9th, with 8 weeks of charted numbers.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

I think the vehicle pack will sell more due to the software looking to be more enjoyable. Also, if Nintendo's markets it properly, this could sell really good in the holidays.



The variety pack, even though the vehicle pack looks more fun on a gameplay perspective.



The Vehicle Pack, because it looks like it'll become the better game. :)



From videos and ads I watched, IMVHO Variety could maybe sell more, but Vehicle buyers could eventually enjoy a longer lasting game.



Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 
 


Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
From videos and ads I watched, IMVHO Variety could maybe sell more, but Vehicle buyers could eventually enjoy a longer lasting game.

Longer lasting games are generally better received, unless they're in a genre that emphasizes replayability.



The way I see it, the Vehicle Kit looks like it offers more value as a traditional video game, but on the other hand the Variety Pack has a broader appeal beyond just the gaming audience with stuff like the Piano and House.

I'm leaning toward the Variety Pack due to this.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

CaptainExplosion said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
From videos and ads I watched, IMVHO Variety could maybe sell more, but Vehicle buyers could eventually enjoy a longer lasting game.

Longer lasting games are generally better received, unless they're in a genre that emphasizes replayability.

I'd like if it were like you write, and often it is if the other conditions are roughly equal, but, as curl wrote:

curl-6 said:

The way I see it, the Vehicle Kit looks like it offers more value as a traditional video game, but on the other hand the Variety Pack has a broader appeal beyond just the gaming audience with stuff like the Piano and House.

I'm leaning toward the Variety Pack due to this.

Agree. Driving games can be great and some, like Mario Kart and the main titles of Gran Turismo, Forza, NFS and a few other racing franchises, can be great sellers, but they aren't the biggest genre, outside of Ninty world FPS and some sports (other than racing) games can be huger, while in Ninty world the genres that can be huger than racers are different, but collections of mini (or bigger) games are amongst them.



Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 
 


This is a hard one to predict. But I think that the variety pack will sell more since it got released first.



Alby_da_Wolf said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Longer lasting games are generally better received, unless they're in a genre that emphasizes replayability.

I'd like if it were like you write, and often it is if the other conditions are roughly equal, but, as curl wrote:

curl-6 said:

The way I see it, the Vehicle Kit looks like it offers more value as a traditional video game, but on the other hand the Variety Pack has a broader appeal beyond just the gaming audience with stuff like the Piano and House.

I'm leaning toward the Variety Pack due to this.

Agree. Driving games can be great and some, like Mario Kart and the main titles of Gran Turismo, Forza, NFS and a few other racing franchises, can be great sellers, but they aren't the biggest genre, outside of Ninty world FPS and some sports (other than racing) games can be huger, while in Ninty world the genres that can be huger than racers are different, but collections of mini (or bigger) games are amongst them.

Yeah, and Nintendo hasn't really done a major FPS outside of the Metroid Prime games (sans Federation Farce). I guess it really does come down to overall appeal.