For those who might not want to read the thing, some basic notes with a lot more in the link.
- Bomberman was meant to be playable, but Konami was Konami and Konami is the worst. Belmont, per this leak, was scraped very early on in favor of trying to get Bomberman. Belmont being a Bowser Jr. with each skin a different Belmont
- Ballot is primary source of in game characters, new ones like Spring Man and Decidueye would be DLC
- Krystal was also a cut character
- Shadow is in game as a semi-clone, not a full on echo fighter, same with Dixie. Echo fighters are the characters currently being put in game as bonuses
- K-Rool, Issac, Ashley, Kos-Mos, Geno, Shovel Knight, Chibi-Robo added in game. Square easier than Konami for Geno, Shovel Knight took time to get Sakurai to go for it, Chibi-Robo involved arm twisting. Issac was popular in Europe and Ashley in Japan
- Bandanna Dedede and Paper Mario considered but scrapped, as was Waluigi. Waluigi was scrapped for the same reason Meta Knight and Dedede were not in Melee (Sakurai feels bias would be in play as he loves Waluigi, and has been disturbed by the post Smash Waluigi fury)
I have no personal preference either way on the leak's validity. I just feel like sharing it if it hasn't been shared already.
The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?