New Digimon game for console finally revealed;
Digimon Survive, a survival SRPG that combines 2D & 3D with lots of genres coming to PS4 & Switch in 2019. It’s been a significant amount of time since the last Digimon game on a Nintendo platform. But with Bandai Namco announcing the next entry in the series, the franchise is finally making a return.
Digimon Survive has been announced for Switch and PlayStation 4. Here’s what we know:
– Survival SRPG
– Combines 2D and 3D with lots of genres
– Conversations have 2D images, also have choices that will change story or even evolutions
– Seems like click&point-style field investigations
– Battles are strategy-style with square grids, has Energy as key factor
– Protag is 8th grader with Agumon as partner
Digimon Survive will launch for Switch and PS4 in Japan next year.